Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Not to be mean since your new, but if were to read through the previous 200+ pages of this forum and other Diamondback threads you would notice this has been discussed, as has the relevance of calling the hammerhead a hammerhead, comparing DB to other B&M mega coasters, the use of trims and the MCBR, the difference between footers and footings, what will the ascent angle of the lift hill be, will the drop truely be 74 degrees, that some of us prefer a Night Row compared to a Chariot or a Behemoth, weather and how it effects vertical construction, and finally that we are all excited to ride DB when it opens.

Im not being mean, just its been discussed and I really dont want to get in to another footer vs footings arguement or a hammerhead vs turnaround arguement...

Hey welcome aboard. Enjoy the ride and please keep all arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times...

Have you all ever noticed that Diamond Back is very simular to Nitro at Six Flags Great Adventure?

Sadly, yes. I'm hoping the design "improvements" associated with Behemoth are as dramatic as many people claim, otherwise Diamondback will be a rather boring ride, in my opinion. Insanely popular and great for the park, but boring nonetheless.

I don't think Diamondback looks at all like Nitro. On Nitro the turns are mostly at the top of the hills Rather than the bottom. Diamondback has extra helix and the mid course break run helix is shorter. Diamondback lift is right out of the station while Nitro does a turn 1st. These rides are really not close ot being alike at all. Diamonback looks more like Bethmoth if anything.

Have you all ever noticed that Diamond Back is very simular to Nitro at Six Flags Great Adventure?

Sadly, yes. I'm hoping the design "improvements" associated with Behemoth are as dramatic as many people claim, otherwise Diamondback will be a rather boring ride, in my opinion. Insanely popular and great for the park, but boring nonetheless.

:rolleyes:

That's Terpy's affectionate name for Nitro at Great Adventure in NJ. He speaks in puns and riddles and such. Kind of like a bridge troll. (no offense)

AHAHAHA, I just fell off of my chair, no joke!!

Kind of like a bridge troll? lmao

(usually when you say no offense, there at least is some)

Interpreter is certainly no bridge troll.

I enjoy Terpy's puns and riddles, it makes him more fun and less boring. And he is certainly no troll, heck no. You know that the term "Troll" on the internet is an insult, right? :lol:

No, I didn't know that. I meant Troll in a jolly Monty-Python way I guess. I certainly wasn't trying to insult the guy. I don't even know him.

And yes, I did a fair bit of lurking over the past few months. Mostly because this thread gave me way better updates than the official site and KICentral's photo gallery.

MCBR is a blocking system that has the power to stop the train all they way if needed. A Trim i just to reduce speed, causing lower G's (on most cases), a trim can't stop the train, it just slows it down a mph. or two.

the one on mean streak's first drop almost brings the train to a complete stop.

At least every amusement park doesn't have a coaster like Diamondback, Night Row :P , or Behemoth. It's an honor to have such a superstar coaster in "our" park. Not only an honor, but a thrill, because now I don't have to drive to another state/country to experience the ride (although, I might probably make it to Canada and back before some get through the line...)

No, I didn't know that. I meant Troll in a jolly Monty-Python way I guess. I certainly wasn't trying to insult the guy. I don't even know him.

Heck, I don't even know the guy, and I've lived with him for 50+ years!

Anyway, I'd only be insulted if someone thought Nitro was boring AND they hadn't ridden it. Boring? If Nitro is boring, in my opinion, then Kings Island is a very small carnival with a dog and pony show! And, as much as I adore Nitro, and I do, I prefer Tremors and The Georgia Cyclone to any steel coaster I've ever ridden...except one. About some things, I truly am a maverick. (Or is that mavrick, tee hee?) But, and rather ironically, that last only in the front row...night or day, even though on Nitro and most wood coasters (but NOT at Kings Island), I'm a back seat kind of guy.

But, and rather ironically, that last only in the front row...night or day, even though on Nitro and most wood coasters (but NOT at Kings Island), I'm a back seat kind of guy.

I hear you. The back seat is AMAZING on MF.

Try it on TTD. You feel like your soul gets pulled from your body on the launch, and getting yanked over the tophat is quite an experience.

am i the only one that is bugged by the fact that the two sides of the station roof are completely different lengths?

No, I find it quite annoying too that they aren't symmetrical.

I hear you. The back seat is AMAZING on MF.

I rode in the front but I bet the backseat is killer.

Try it on TTD. You feel like your soul gets pulled from your body on the launch

Sounds daring, scary, and risky. I'll do it! :lol:

The reason that the two sides of the station roof are not symmetrical is because of the fact that one side is the exit and the other side is the entrance side with some room for waiting guests. How is it any different than the station over The Vortex? Even Adventure Express`s station is not symmetrical, as the roof ends much higher above the platform floor than it does on the load side.

And Gabe, that should say wood sheathing in progress on the station. Based on the pictures, that will not be the final exterior treatment for the station, but simply the substrate that the final material will be applied to.