Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Yeah, I think that was also asked once or twice a while back in this thread, but never answered.

I wonder if it will pass up my dear ol' Voyage in airtime?

You should ask the Interpreter, just how much and where he gets his air-time when he sits in the Night Row. Take that and you should have a decent guesstimate. I would bargain to say that will be a conservative estimate, but an estimate never the less.

I'm not trying to slaughter your opinion here, but have you made the trip down here to Holiday World since the Voyage has been erected?

Excuse me? What opinion did I state?? I stated no opinion as to whether it would have more airtime than Voyage. NEVER ONCE did I compare Voyage to Diamondback.

One of the best airtime coasters i have ridden is surprisingly Gemini at CP. That coaster has got some good air time. With all these hills on Diamondback though i am sure we are in for some mass amounts of airtime.

I think I under rate the air time on Gemini (or Genimi, as the ride op called it last year) because I always ride it right after Magnum. But the last two little hills on DB look like great airtime opportunities, as long as the MCBR doesn't slow it down too much.....

It's the cheapest game in the park. You roll a bowling ball over a hump, then it goes up a little hill and comes back. The idea is to get the ball to stay between the 2 hills and stay in limbo. Then you get a stuffed "something-or-other"; then you try to win again so that you can trade up.

It's only a quarter a try, so if you're good enough at it, you can get a pretty good sized "something-or-other" for like 75 cents. It's located right by The Beast on ride photo kiosk. There was one by The Racer/Outer Limits area at one time as well, but I think it might have moved.

Those "something-or-others" from the '08 season were, how do I say, tchotchke. I would've been addicted just like you but it was all bleh.

Yes back on topic. I wonder how much airtime we are going to be looking at here?

Mr. Helbig himself stated somewhere that we will be "out of our seats about half the time." Take that for what it's worth, but it sounds fun.

It's the cheapest game in the park. You roll a bowling ball over a hump, then it goes up a little hill and comes back. The idea is to get the ball to stay between the 2 hills and stay in limbo. Then you get a stuffed "something-or-other"; then you try to win again so that you can trade up.

It's only a quarter a try, so if you're good enough at it, you can get a pretty good sized "something-or-other" for like 75 cents. It's located right by The Beast on ride photo kiosk. There was one by The Racer/Outer Limits area at one time as well, but I think it might have moved.

Those "something-or-others" from the '08 season were, how do I say, tchotchke. I would've been addicted just like you but it was all bleh.

Yes back on topic. I wonder how much airtime we are going to be looking at here?

Mr. Helbig himself stated somewhere that we will be "out of our seats about half the time." Take that for what it's worth, but it sounds fun.

You won't even be out of your seat 1/4 of the ride. The ride is three minutes. Voyage holds the world record for most airtime, and I'm pretty sure it's twenty four seconds. So at the highest, Diamondback will have twenty three seconds.

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, does anyone have a link to all the new rides Cedar Fair is building for 2009?

Here you go House: Cedar Fair announces Cap Ex for 2009 season.

http://www.cedarfair.com/ir/press_releases...mp;story_id=184

Hope that helps!

Thanks, so it looks like Cedar Point is not getting any new rides. That's a bit disapointing I go there every summer for 2-3 days.

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, does anyone have a link to all the new rides Cedar Fair is building for 2009?

Hope that helps!

Thanks, so it looks like Cedar Point is not getting any new rides. That's a bit disapointing I go there every summer for 2-3 days.

Actually CP is retracking some of it's woodies like MS, BS, Gemini, and CCMR

Hope that helps!

Sweet I love Gemini and BS. If I could choose 2 improvements to be made in the park I would have the restraints on both Magnum and Gemini changed. They both kill your legs while you are catching all that air. Magnum literally leaves bruises on my legs.

Hope that helps!

What makes you think that they aren't getting a new ride. Have you read the blog lately?