Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Monroe, the great military acronymizer has already figgered that one out.

As for you, Brian5475E, I can assure you there are many things they could add to that water to prevent freezing, but they certainly would NOT want to add corrosive salt to damage the tracks and the concrete basin. As a matter of fact, many coasters that once had water mists have had those turned off or greatly reduced in order to prevent track damage. Never really understood that last, as I thought it rained from time to time in most outdoor parks.

Those Kings Island Diamondback Support Support Groups are kinda scary to go to. The last time I went, someone death gripped the support beam to the warehouse we were in and started bawling 'cause it was the same color and style as the support holding the bottom of DB's first drop.

Anyway....anyone think the inaugural installment of the final track piece will happen on the 31st when members of KICentral will partake in walking around the monstrosity that is Diamondback?

Those Kings Island Diamondback Support Support Groups are kinda scary to go to. The last time I went, someone death gripped the support beam to the warehouse we were in and started bawling 'cause it was the same color and style as the support holding the bottom of DB's first drop.

Anyway....anyone think the inaugural installment of the final track piece will happen on the 31st when members of KICentral will partake in walking around the monstrosity that is Diamondback?

I don't think so. Chances are that said piece should already be in place by then. I'm sure the media will be invited and a big deal will be made etc....

Would be neat to see, although it probably takes a little time to place a track section and I'm not sure I'd like to freeze for that long.

^That IS an awesome pic!

And the one with the Crypt sign in front of Dippin' Dots is unintentionally hilarious. Talk about a radical re-theme...

I just pictured them putting the Crypt sign in front of the Dippin' part of the sign.. and we have Crypt dots.. that will get the imagination going on what such a treat would look like!

And yes, I agree. I look forward to these photos so much.

Ha RingMaster was the first to say it, so he gets a cookie.

A little deeper than that, although I am fond of Atlanta, they just don't put the kick in the cookies like Grandma GARROONNTEEED.

(Monroe still wondering how something so sweet can kick you in the butt without being called the powderpuff girls.)

This one is my favorite of the new batch. I can just picture walking through Rivertown and seeing those trains zoom along that track.

It's becoming more and more evident how dominate this thing will be over the Rivertown skyline.

I don't know why but it just occurred to me that walking through that part of the park will never be the same. I know it's been said before, but Diamondback is completely changing the park, in my opinion. From that angle, it looks like a totally different park. Am I going crazy on this one?

Also, does this look like it's going to hit the MCBR? Is that what I'm seeing, I know it won't but it looks like it's aimed right for it. Where does that piece eventually go?

I don't know why but it just occurred to me that walking through that part of the park will never be the same. I know it's been said before, but Diamondback is completely changing the park, in my opinion. From that angle, it looks like a totally different park. Am I going crazy on this one?

I was thinking the same thing when they began building Diamondback, so I took this picture. This way we could see the before and after.

Before picture