Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Are you sure they were guests and not park personal? That whole area, though not lockout is still restricted access. It seems unlikely that someone would be able to just walk around there unnoticed. I know because I used to work there. In addition if you were suspicious, why wouldn't you notify an employee.

The thing is, end of January seems like a long way away from the end of December, which was the speculated end date as recently as Thanksgiving time.

They are the experts, and as long as things are good to go by April 17th (barring anything unforeseen later on) then all is right with me, BUT I admittedly can't help but to wonder about the many, many good weather opportunity days in October and November where not a lot happened track erection wise?

While this has honestly been a particularly cold winter (darn you, Farmer's Almanac predictions!!), there haven't been any major snows either...it would be interesting to find out exactly what happened to throw off the track completion? :huh: And this is more curiosity than criticism, btw.

And how do you know how long it takes to test a ride? And its not just as easy as throw on the trains after completing the track and firing up the lift to test the ride. First they need to complete all the electrical systems for the ride so that all the sensors and ride can operate as it is supposed to. Then they need to do weeks of testing. Not only are they testing all the operational systems of the ride, but they will also be testing loading the trains in different configurations.

And how do you know how long it takes to test a ride? And its not just as easy as throw on the trains after completing the track and firing up the lift to test the ride.

Because teenageninja has been through the process of testing a new coaster.

Mark your calendar! Saturday, April 18, 2009 is Opening Day at Kings Island. April 18 will your first opportunity to take a ride on the new Diamondback roller coaster -- the tallest, fastest and meanest roller coaster to ever strike Kings Island. This will also be your first chance of the new season to take a ride on The Beast -- still the longest wooden roller coaster in the world celebrating 30 years of terror in 2009 -- and to catch up with all your favorite Nickelodeon characters and Scooby Doo!

Opening Day 2009 ... You don't want to miss it!

- Don Helbig

Blog update today, mention of the Nicktoons will be back in 2009 stands out to me.

Well, when it comes to Nick characters, love 'em or leave 'em, but the bottom line is Nick characters and theme doesn't hurt the park...

However, with the inclusion of Scooby as well, I'd say 09 will be the end of Nick...so love 'em while you can!!

I assure you that his mention of Scooby Doo in the blog has no implication of whether or not Nickelodeon will be featured in the future.

And how do you know how long it takes to test a ride? And its not just as easy as throw on the trains after completing the track and firing up the lift to test the ride.

Because teenageninja has been through the process of testing a new coaster.

LOL burned. Isnt it like so many hours of testing then the state has to come and test it more?

I remember seeing something on National Geographic when they were building Tatsu. If Tatsu is anything like Diamondback they will have to test the electrical systems, test the function of the trains, test the train empty several times, test the train with simulated weight several times, then state reps show up and they test it several times again, it was a month and a half long process with that ride.

If my memory serves me right, I havn't seen that episode in years

I think we learned in the removal of SPPD that saving money may overrule satisfying some.

You, ABSOLUTELY do not know that they are saving money with this decision. You learned nothing. Quit making broad claims on here if you do not know what you speak of. Don said in his e-mail to you that the decision was made to give pass holders greater options than just a one day deal. I assure you, the decision to allow ERT every day, is not a small one, and takes some sound planning to go off right ever day. You do not know that the park is "saving money and overruling other's satisfactions". YOU do NOT know that is a fact, you don't, plain and simple. And if you do not know anything of the sort, then do not post it. That is as simple as anyone can be with you. That daily ERT is going to satisfy pass-holders much, much more than one day. You astound me, do you post things that you don't know to be true or can't back up just to see your post count go higher? Once again if you cannot provide substantive arguments and keep making attempts to skew the will of the park and its spokespersons, then why post?

This is getting really old.