Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

I'm not disagreeing with you you guys one bit. I see where you're coming from.

I just think that the coaster should be #1 in an animation. That's what we're excited to see, so if a trim was indeed to be placed on the bunny hop, then it should be there. Not some rocks in the splashdown area, that aren't even going to be there.

But anywho, wouldn't a trim break defeat the purpose of "airtime hills"? That's the exciting pert of bunny hops!

As Don was asked a similar question on his blog he replied that what we see on the splashdown is what we will get.

At this time most everything seen in the animation will be accurate but we must keep in mind that thing can change. Kings Island is putting forth A LOT of money to put this coaster up in one of the worst economic times, they may decide to cut some things out from the original plan to save some money.

Link to the blog where he answers this similar question...

KIDiamondback Blog

Ya know, I had been thinking that DB wouldn't be that exciting after the mid course break run but not that it's in, WOW. It's still pretty high, the drop into the ravine will be great and zipping past the Crypt will probably be pretty intense and the drawings do not do that final helix justice. I think B&M (and all involved) have really outdone themselves this time! What great use of the land, midway and surrounding attractions.

Just to clear some things about that optical illusion of the potential trim brake location as seen from the wecam. If there were to be a trim brake, there would be a catwalk type structure around the track where the trim brake was so that maintenance could inspect the mechanical systems of the brake. For an example of this, I direct you to this image of Behemoth. You can clearly see the location of the trim brake on the ascent after the hammerhead turn.

Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!! Trim Frenzy!!!! NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Yes this coaster is going to be very photogenic. It will become like the crest of The Beast's first lift hill where the whole layout is always photographed from. Any news on if the mid-course brakes are going to actually put the train to a stop almost like FOF or if they are just going to slow down the train minimally.

EDIT: And plus, I'm sure if it was a trim brake, it would be on the animated video.

While it is not a trim, everything that is on an animation does not mean it will be in the real thing. Remember IJST, and Mavericks tunnel after the first airtime hill?

and who could forget the horrid animation for Firehawk? ;)

okay i didn't want to start a new topic and since there really isn't anything going on today with Diamondback, i was wondering if anyone knows the layout of the tunnel on backlot, because i have always wondered what the track actually was doing it there but it is too dark for me to tell.

okay i didn't want to start a new topic and since there really isn't anything going on today with Diamondback, i was wondering if anyone knows the layout of the tunnel on backlot, because i have always wondered what the track actually was doing it there but it is too dark for me to tell.

I believe it does a few quick S turns, similar to what it does in the police car Scene after the Helix.

I'm kinda hoping they pull a desert-type setting like they did for the media announcement for Diamondback, what with the cacti, rocks, broken wagon wheels, and dust/dirt/sand. I would love to see that magnified on the patches of land encompassing the second helix area and splashdown/station area.

Kinda like this picture:

400px-Baja_California_Desert.jpg

Or more this picture:

Knott's%20Ghost%20Town%20(49)l.jpg

Sorry for the double post guys.

But I have an idea!! You know how we were figuring out how to keep people from touching track by the Crypt/Beast area??

Well, they could put some cacti in the area surrounding the supports, so hopefully people will NOT touch the supports.