Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

^^^ Good find, i didnt even notice that until now. Even though were still just under 3 months away, it feels like April 18th is only a few days away which before we know it that will be true. Cant wait to be able to ride this thing, it will be my first ever B&M ride

Thats a hard call as i was looking at some pictures that i had from ground level and it didnt look that high off the ground but that was only in a picture and the elevation does change from where i took the picture i believe. On the web cam it looks about right to me but still i cant really tell. That is something i will try to look at on the 31st or can anybody tell for sure what the height of the track leading into the station is in comparison to the ground?

New blog entry just posted:

Diamondback Alters Kings Island Skyline

Since 1972, the Eiffel Tower has been the dominating landmark at Kings Island, overshadowing the entire park area landscape and many miles beyond. But the landscape at Kings Island has changed with the construction of Diamondback. The new $22 million ride has dramatically changed the Kings Island skyline, setting off a theme of world-class thrills and excitement with one eye-catching glance.

The construction of the massive 230-foot tall, 5,282-foot long roller coaster is almost complete. Workmen have just 11 more pieces of track left to be installed.

Just 87 more days until Opening Day!

- Don Helbig

So, it's been a month and I don't think KICentral has updated their photo gallery.... Any reason for the lack of photos? Or did I miss something?

I have a fever, and the only cure is photo gallery updates.

My best guess is they just decided to hold off until the event. But, who knows? Maybe they are just about to release one.

is it really going to take them another full week to place 11 pieces of track? being that they go on and bolt two or three track segments together before they hoist them into place?

I have no expertise in this field, but I would guess that would make it very hard to manage. I remember seeing a thing on constructing Griffon. It was no easy task just to get one piece of track in place, not to mention several at once.

did anyone read the quote for picture 27? it states that Diamondback will travel through 10 vertical loops.

The ride, which will span 5,282 feet, will reach 230 feet at its highest point, travel up to 80 mph and do 10 vertical loops, will open in April 2009.

Yeah, the Daily really screwed up the info regarding the coaster when the story first broke due to their inability to decipher a drawing of the coaster. I guess they decided to stick with the information they came up with.

Either that or the they know something we don't.... I knew that clearing by SOB was for something!!! hahaha

Waiting for construction on lift number two to begin! :lol: