Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

A few thoughts about 3 of the new pictures.

Diamondback2001200920090.jpg

I am more and more amazed with he Hammerhead every time I see a new picture. The entry and exit seem to transition very quickly and that enry angle looks very steep. The overbanking through the curve is insane and Im still not sure but could it be greater than 90 degrees?

Diamondback2001200920103.jpg

The entry in to the first helix is looking to be another great latter g sweet spot. With the banking of the helix starting before the drop is even complete the transition will be seamless.

Diamondback2001200920082.jpg

The first helix is a thing of beauty. The helix looks to have more banking and a tighter radius that what I perceived in the rendering. Could produce some serious g's through this section. Kind of reminds me of the Titan centerfuge but stretched vertically. Also the drop out of the MCBR could produce some nice near miss action for a train screaming down the 2nd drop. Could you imagine if the trains are timed to meet at that point???

Also the drop out of the MCBR could produce some nice near miss action for a train screaming down the 2nd drop. Could you imagine if the trains are timed to meet at that point???

Would that even be possible. Wouldn't the first train have to clear the MCBR before the next train would be let down the lift?

Could you imagine if the trains are timed to meet at that point???

I don't think that is possible, being that the ride will most likely be set up in block sections, from the station to the Lift, MCBS, then brake run at the end. The train will have just left the Mid Course Brake Section as the other trains flies down the second drop, which is probably a good 10 seconds from the end of the lift. Being as there is no blocks in between the lift and MCBS, it would be dangerous. By the time the train flies down the second drop the other train will probably be in the second helix already.

Maybe They could also use the Trim halfway up the 5th hill as a block, in which case it might be possible to get them to meet at that point, but I do not know if you can use a trim as a block.

Here is another thought about the MCBR and the lift, will a train be released over the lift block once a train enters the MCBR or not until a train clears the MCBR? Afterall the train should be able to clear the remainder of the course even from a dead stop in the MCBR.

Not saying its possible or even likely because of blocking, but it would be neat to have a near miss crossover out of the 2nd drop and MCBR.

What i dont get is Vortex. The next train isnt even aloud on the lift till the other train is in the MCBR. So by the time the train is going over the lift hill, the other train is already at the station. So really there is only one train on the track at a time. If that is the case, how does line move so d*** fast?

I have not ridden Time Warp, but given it is the same model coaster from Zamperla, I cannot see why it would be any more comfortable. Finally, I have something that is even worse than Manhattan Express aka The Roller Coaster at New York, New York in Las Vegas or Ninja at Six Flags Over Georgia to talk about.

Having ridden the monstrosity at Rye, I never intend to ride any Zamperla flying coaster again. Life is too short for such things.

I have not ridden Time Warp, but given it is the same model coaster from Zamperla, I cannot see why it would be any more comfortable. Finally, I have something that is even worse than Manhattan Express aka The Roller Coaster at New York, New York in Las Vegas or Ninja at Six Flags Over Georgia to talk about.

Haha, I rode Ninja at SFOG 3 times in a row. It definitely took some skill to enjoy riding it, and a careful seat choice.

I'm looking at the renderings right now and I'm having flash backs of when the ride was first announced. I wasn't at the park because I was in Walt Disney World. I got the text message from KIC in line for Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom and I was like yelling out all of the stats to my dad and everyone stared at me. :P

This post isn't completely useless...don't worry.

Do they still have to build some type of building over the tracks where they store the trains overnight? Is that going to be built after the station is completed?

Having ridden the monstrosity at Rye, I never intend to ride any Zamperla flying coaster again. Life is too short for such things.

I rode The Flying Coaster at Elitch Gardens. I have never ridden a coaster that I thought was more unsafe (well, maybe Twister 2).

I have an interesting question. In the picture I posted below of the MCBR there are steps on the end of it. I was wondering where those steps are going to? Are they going to have stairs going all the way down or just leave it like that? I would think they would go all the way down because if they just stop there then why have the steps?

diamondback012009098eq2.jpg

w640.png

I have an interesting question. In the picture I posted below of the MCBR there are steps on the end of it. I was wondering where those steps are going to? Are they going to have stairs going all the way down or just leave it like that? I would think they would go all the way down because if they just stop there then why have the steps?

diamondback012009098eq2.jpg

w640.png

I would say there would have to be a set of stairs there, especially if the ride were to get stuck there. They would need a way to get to the passengers and get them off. Also for mateinence reasons.