Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

^ Good shot showing the height of the track near the entrance to the Crypt. Some thought it would be low enough to touch but, look at the people standing below. Not as low as it looks in the webcam.

DB looks better with each piece they add. I am amazed by this ride! Kudos to B&M, Adena, CF and all involved. I can't wait to ride!

lift work should be done today.

Track work expected to be completed today

January 26, 2009

Track pieces #119 and #120 were installed this morning on Diamondback, leaving the construction crew with just piece #129 left to install to complete the track work on Kings Island's new $22 million roller coaster.

The final piece of track is expected to be installed this afternoon. You can watch this momentous occasion live on the Diamondback webcam.

- Don Helbig

Will the impending creeping white death impeed track piece #129 from being lifted in to place today?

Stay tunned to the Diamondback construction webcam to find out.

Looks like the cranes are still manuvering around the drop section in to the splash, I see no action by #129 yet. Very excited to see DB completed today. Hopefully...

Hopefuly common sense but that didn't work out for a certain, well fenced off inverted B&M at a flag numbereed park. If someone is stupid enough to do it I don't know if there is any safety measure good enough to stop them. Refer to the Darwin awards.

^ Good shot showing the height of the track near the entrance to the Crypt. Some thought it would be low enough to touch but, look at the people standing below. Not as low as it looks in the webcam.

DB looks better with each piece they add. I am amazed by this ride! Kudos to B&M, Adena, CF and all involved. I can't wait to ride!

Yeah, that was me. In one of the pictures on here it looked as if I could have reached up and touched the bottom of the box portion of the track. It looks like I may have been wrong. Oh well. It was just a thought, anyway. I'd have to be insane to try that with a train coming through, even though touching the bottom of the box probably wouldn't hurt me, but still.

Just guessing about track height above the midway, but we know the pullout of the first drop is roughly 15 feet or so above the midway, so I would expect that to be as close to the midway as any of the track comes. Seems like a reassonable amount of clearance, plus we don't know how the park will transform the midway with gardens, paths and fences. Im sure it would require a great deal of effort to get dangerously close to the Diamondback track.