Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

This summer, thrill seekers will have an exciting new roller coaster to check out in Ohio, and it's not at Cedar Point. Rather, the new Diamondback steel coaster will open to the public at the Kings Island amusement park on April 18.

The final piece of the track for the nearly 1-mile long new high-rise, high-speed roller coaster was added Monday. Park officials say that the Diamondback is 230-feet tall at its highest point, and riders will experience travel at speeds more than 90mph. The ride, which lasts 3 minutes, starts off with a 215-foot plunge before winding through more drops and twists and ending with a splash into water.

The Diamondback will be the park's most expensive coaster to date, costing $22 million. It will also be the 15th roller coaster at Kings Island.

You can check out this cool simulation video of the ride so you know what you're in for:

Kings Island 2009 Diamond Back

I could do this all day!

When do you think the first test run of Diamondback will be?

Weather will, as always, be a factor, but Behemoth started testing on March 13th. While there was speculation of testing in February, based on the track work being finished 3 weeks behind original reports, I'd say mid-March at the latest and late February at the earliest.

So where do you think you will enter the ride and have the line maze?

1. The "Line Maze" is called a queue

2. The entrance will be just past (Or just before) Wings Diner

3. The Queue or "Line Maze" will be where Rivertown Mining Co. once was.

Thanks for the info. :unsure:

All B&M's (With the exception of coasters with inverted track) do not have track on the storage. There are several reasons as to why. One of the Main reasons is this: The wheels start to flatten as they sit over night, so to prevent ware and tare on the wheels, they just simply hang in space. This is also part of the reason as to why there coasters are so smooth.

Ware is a good, usually offered for sale. The peddler showed off his wares. It can also be the seed of a vetch. I don't make this stuff up.

Tare is a barrel or a container...as in "tare weight." The tare weight is subtracted before calculating the charges for take out food at most restaurants.

And Diamondback? That's a real thrill!

Ware is a good, usually offered for sale. The peddler showed off his wares. It can also be the seed of a vetch. I don't make this stuff up.

Tare is a barrel or a container...as in "tare weight." The tare weight is subtracted before calculating the charges for take out food at most restaurants.

I thought that it was spelled "taer," often capitalized and used by certain people, usually applied in the "down" direction, toward an object or structure, ("it",) such as, let's say, a roller coaster - one of unfavorable quality.

^ I think that's your newest Cedar Fair trademark, the Single Rider line split (see Maverick, Behemoth)! I'm interested to see whether or not the line will split further back than the bottom of the stairs.

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but there are new photos on the kiDiamondback site.