Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

I really, REALLY wish they would have a complete single rider line, like Disney and other parks.

I agree but ONLY as long as it is ran by an attendant. People can really take advantage of a poorly run single riders line which can get very annoying.

But then wouldn't someone have to tell people in the regular line where to sit?

Roller coaster track construction completed:

http://www.western-star.com/news/content/o...iamondback.html

Some quotes by Mr. Helbig, too....

Helbig said that final track placement at other locations could result in having to order a new track piece, which could add six to eight weeks to the project.

According to Helbig, the next phase of the construction will focus on the station and three trains that will make up the ride.

"We're hoping that they will be ready to go on the first or second week of February," Helbig said. "Then, we'll be able to start test runs."...

^^Interesting article, thanks!

I really, REALLY wish they would have a complete single rider line, like Disney and other parks.

I agree but ONLY as long as it is ran by an attendant. People can really take advantage of a poorly run single riders line which can get very annoying.

But then wouldn't someone have to tell people in the regular line where to sit?

On my first trip to CW last June the Behemoth single rider line was utterly pointless...at the stair's midway-point platform was where it started, and so you avoided 15 steps and 2 minutes and your seat was assigned. The next trip I didn't even see it used.

The Fahrenheit one was worse...the attendant did everything possible and within their power to fill trains from the main line, including hunting down odd numbered groups to pair with other odd # groups...the single rider line was virtually the same wait as the regular line and you had the disadvantage of no influence with seat choice whatsoever (at least in the main queue you can line jockey).

However, the fact remains most non-Orlando/Disney single rider lines are abused. I'd be very, very surprised if D-back has any sort of substantial single rider line any better than Maverick's...but again, my opinion on those single rider lines is you've already waited the bulk of your queue anyway, why not wait a little bit extra and control your own destiny and have more influence over your seat selection?!?

There have been times where as a single rider I have been asked to moved seat positions, BUT when you have waited the full time in the main queue, you can fairly decline or demand an exit pass in exchange. But I think D-back will be mostly sans single rider line.

And the one for Maverick is used on a hit or miss basis, with no indication whatsoever when it is or is not being used. Oh, you say there is a chain there? Yep...and sometimes it is up while they ARE using it and the attendant comes down from time to time to let more people in it, and sometimes it is down and when you get to the top of the stairs, the gate attendant sends you back down saying it is not in use. This is really poor. To say it doesn't leave the single guests happy is an understatement. Finally, one time I DID get to use it, the other guests in the longer, regular line were screaming that I was a linejumper. Sigh.

If you guys get as much snow as we did here in Indy today, the splashdown area of Diamondback is going to be barely visible. We got ten inches and its still coming. How's it over there for you guys?

I think it's safe to say that there wont be any work done today on Dback. Which is probably a good thing to keep all the workers safe.

Maverick's single rider line is hit or miss, as far as I'm concerned. People abuse it a lot. I was behind a group of 6 one day who claimed they were all riding separately. When it came their turn to ride, they jumped in front of everyone else waiting in the regular line. The ride op did and said nothing.

However, there was one day when I ran all the way up the stairs and got on the next available train (while some guy from the regular line was yelling "hey sweetheart, I'll ride with you" :rolleyes: ).

To me at least, single rider lines are like theming...if you are going to do it, do it right and do it well...otherwise, don't bother. A bad single rider line is a disaster transport straight to either guest relations or to what is worse for the parks, future non-visits. Disappointed guests do start to think, "Where else?"

Yeah I agree with all of you. That's why I said I only want one if they take care of it. If not than make those two lines a front and back line. One of my peeves is when people take advantage of something and if it is at an amusement park...that gets me going.

^^^ This was discussed yesterday i believe in the thread and i found the answer to this question. What we believe is that the train wont sit in the storage area on actual track instead it will be guided into the storage area with a little section of track then moved back and forth on the guide wheels that are in each section. Were guessing this is to make it easier to perform any maintenance that might be needed on any of the trains at any time

While there isn't a roof on the storage area, I wouldn't be surprised if one is added sometime down the road. I don't know why the park wouldn't want to protect the trains from the elements.

Very true. It's like not protecting a somewhat significant investment if they didn't put a roof over it.

While there isn't a roof on the storage area, I wouldn't be surprised if one is added sometime down the road. I don't know why the park wouldn't want to protect the trains from the elements.

Very true. It's like not protecting a somewhat significant investment if they didn't put a roof over it.

There is no roof on the ones for SoB's trains.

Just pointing that out.

Behemoth has about the same set up for the storage tracks and did not have a roof at opening but they added one a few weeks into the season. idk if this will be the same case w/ DB but im just sayin that Behemoth has on it was just added after completion of everything else... kinda an afterthought is what it looks like but it look good :)

"We're hoping that they will be ready to go on the first or second week of February," Helbig said. "Then, we'll be able to start test runs."...

So trains will be on site before the first week of February?

Sounds that way to me as well.

I bet you the trains are here. mabye not on site but im alomst positive they are somewhere in ohio. :)

It has been stated repeatedly that track work is complete, more than likely that includes any actual track work, whether related to storage or to the circuit itself!

I am guessing whether it is actual track, or another device to remove stress on the wheels as discussed, it looks like something is there. Maybe they just did not paint it red so it looks like it is not complete. This would be a good question for the people going on the tour.