Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

I'm assuming that the digger is taking out some of the midway that was too close to the track. If the midway stayed as it is people could, and probably would, be touching the track and supports.

I didn't notice that. I posted it because I saw something at the bottom of one of the supports. Like right in the middle of the photo. What is that?

I could be silly and say a port a potty, but that's just silly. LOL :lol: Just a thought.... Some times in construction if they want to keep moisture off what they are working on they will put up a portable "plastic room" and add heat to the "room". I don't really know, it's just a thought of mine :)

You are likely correct with that thought. Remember how I mentioned that they need to pour grout between the top of the footing and bottom of the steel base plate? Well, the grout needs to stay dry and not get wet when its curing. That plastic tarp structure was likely placed there to keep the snow off and to keep the heat in. If you look at the webcam, there is that one tarp covering the base of the support near The Beast helix. Then, there are also a few more of those same things located by the Crypt, and turn in the train tracks.

I would imagine they won't start testing till the weather warms up. I'd say probably in the mid 40s to test. Could happen next week, but I doubt it.

Very true. plus they are going to have to check the track and make sure everything is okay.

But you are aware it could reach 50 degrees as early as this Friday, correct???

I know this is off topic, but I am wondering if the X-Base themed section of the park will ever become a new section separate from the Coney Mall?

Not sure I understand the question. You have to walk the Coney Mall midway to go to XBase. But once you get under The Racer I feel it is a "new" section. Plus the miday in X base is just not that long right now unless they add more miday beside racer to get to another ride?

I know this is off topic, but I am wondering if the X-Base themed section of the park will ever become a new section separate from the Coney Mall?

Technically X-Base is Coney Mall. I really hope that in the next ten years, X-Base will become a whole new section, but with Firehawk and the maintenance buildings blocking it from expanding too far out, I'm not sure how they would do it.

Before any new attractions are added in that area, they should consider adding a new restroom in that area. The closest restroom in that area is a good walk either up or down Coney Mall from there. Yes, there is room for a flat ride or two between The Racer, Adventure Express and Flight of Fear. Will we ever see any of those things? Who knows, maybe eventually. But I wouldn`t look for it to happen anytime soon.

Before any new attractions are added in that area, they should consider adding a new restroom in that area. The closest restroom in that area is a good walk either up or down Coney Mall from there. Yes, there is room for a flat ride or two between The Racer, Adventure Express and Flight of Fear. Will we ever see any of those things? Who knows, maybe eventually. But I wouldn`t look for it to happen anytime soon.

Yes, I remember last year running up and down the Coney Mall looking for a restroom after the LONG wait for Flight of Fear. :lol:

I dont know if any of you have noticed yet but bidding has begun for the first rides on Diamondback

Place bid here

So does the bidding work that the highest bidder has the first seat and #2 is second seat and so on down the list?

The highest successful bidder will select their seat on the first train of Diamondback while all other successful bidders will be assigned their seats according to their bid amount. Minimum bids begin at $50.00.

got that of of KI website