Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

I know this is off topic, but I am wondering if the X-Base themed section of the park will ever become a new section separate from the Coney Mall?

I have wondered this myself. I would think this would be just as good a place to expand as any.

I always liked the idea of connecting X-Base with Action Zone but it seems like there's too much stuff (AE, SOB, go-karts) in the way to make that happen.

You could get rid of the go karts and go around Adventure Express. The problem is the terrian there isn't flat and would cost a fourtune pave a pathway back there.

Its not like there are cliffs back there. I agree it is not flat, but I don't think it would cost a lot of money. Bulldoze here and there and your set.

O and the go carts need to be updated maybe to a different area and a better track maybe throw in a idk RIGHT TURN???? WHAAAAAA???

I've been back there on a little short-cut on the way back from break. We went over next to the FOF exit and went through a gate. Behind the race, underneath the AE station and on a path back behind the go carts. There's already a little maintenance path so I don't think it would be that hard. Just get rid of those go carts that are a waste of space.

I don`t think that those are rocks. Likely just some sort of equipment that was left there before it snowed. However, they MIGHT be preparing to move the first cars onto the storage track. There is a crane over by the storage "track" area, and there are several people walking around the maintenance area of Diamondback.

I don`t think that those are rocks. Likely just some sort of equipment that was left there before it snowed. However, they MIGHT be preparing to move the first cars onto the storage track. There is a crane over by the storage "track" area, and there are several people walking around the maintenance area of Diamondback.

What what whaaaaaat?

sheila-broflovski.jpg

MIGHT be putting cars on? Sweeeeeeet. Hold on hope!

Yeah that sounds pretty good to me. At least they aren't forcefully dumping you off into a gift shop like a lot of parks. Plus I hate the build up at the photo booths and you can't get by like at SOB. I know which path I will be taking lots of times opening day. :D

Im wondering because of the split in the exit path if one of those bridges could be for a single rider line. Have it enter the other side of the station and it would be much more effective that way and help lessen some of the congestion on the que side.