Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

^if that is what the two ramps are used for i am happy, that means not being jammed into a small giftshop with fifty other people like with maverick.

Before the entrance to the Maverick gift shop, there are stairs off to the right that you can take back out onto the sidewalk. That's what I do to avoid the gift shop crowd.

I have some sinister news about our friend Mr. Don Helbig. It seems that name is only an alias, as his real identity has been leaked to the media.

IMG_2810.jpg

Don Helbig is in fact.....

BIZARREFOODS005_m.jpg

Andrew Zimmern!

It seems that instead of spending that week in Sandusky, Don Helbig was in Thailand eating giant shellfish!

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

I have some sinister news about our friend Mr. Don Helbig. It seems that name is only an alias, as his real identity has been leaked to the media.

Andrew Zimmern!

It seems that instead of spending that week in Sandusky, Don Helbig was in Thailand eating giant shellfish!

Haha! That is what I've been thinking for the longest time!

IMG_2810.jpg

BIZARREFOODS005_m.jpg

Andrew Zimmern!

I have always thought they looked alike too! Maybe it's Don's long lost brother? :lol:

So I'm looking at the station in the webcam, and where are people in line waiting to enter the station going to be crossing under the tracks at??

I think the stairs leading to the middle of the left side of the station is the main station entrance (with those stairs in the back of the station being for emergency exit), but so does that mean the line will cross under the lift, or still cross under the tracks leading to the station, and then wrap around to those stairs leading to the middle side entrance? :huh:

^^What other coaster's queue crosses under the lift?? I'm actually thinking it will wrap around from the back.

Edit: two I've just thought of are Raptor and WT, but for D-back, crossing under the lift means close proximity to the lift motor! I can't imagine it's under the lift, but maybe...

IMG_2810.jpg

BIZARREFOODS005_m.jpg

Andrew Zimmern!

I have always thought they looked alike too! Maybe it's Don's long lost brother? :lol:

Don Helbig is better looking than Andrew Zimmern!

Those of you who were able to ride King Cobra would know that the entrance line crossed under the lift hill, immediately adjacent to the lift motor, before reaching the main queue area.

Noted...though things do change over 20 years...I mean, I'm not doubting it can't happen, but it would just seem odd on a number of levels, especially in the 21st century when as Terpy would tell you, guests nowadays aren't like they were when Flight Deck was using their claustrophobic under-station queue.

Does it matter what it enters under? It's going to enter under the ride, and put you in the middle of the action LITERALLY. I love how Cedar Point has most of their queues inside of the "ride area" see Millie, Iron Dragon, Raptor, Mantis, etc. I think it will come behind the back and under the ready breaks right before the station, but I'm not really sure.

^maybe it's to keep the crowd thinned out at the exit so there isn't a giant mob there.?

Too right. That area will be crowded anyway because the entrance and exit should be very close to each other, right?

so i just thought of this, but on the 31st did don base the color of his shirt and tie (red shirt and yellow tie) on the color of Diamondback?

I don't know if it was intentional, but he did wear a red shirt and a yellow tie.

IMG_2810.jpg

BIZARREFOODS005_m.jpg

Andrew Zimmern!

Don Helbig is better looking than Andrew Zimmern!

Maybe its his twin. LOL MT Helbig!

I love how Cedar Point has most of their queues inside of the "ride area" see Millie, Iron Dragon, Raptor, Mantis, etc.

You left out Mean Streak! Its queue is in the middle of the coaster! You are in a forest of supports for the majority of the entrance and you leave it off the list. How dare you!? :);)

WOW! It appears that the crew is working today, and seem to be mostly on the storage track and in the splashdown area! Maybe trains and landscaping are on the list for the day??? all the snow is melted on the pavement and only a thin layer remains on the grass! prob. not but I wish :D It also looks like they have put down gravel behind the splashdown! prob. because if they left it grass it would be mud all summer because the water would destroy it and gravel keeps the water from puddling.