Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

I love how Cedar Point has most of their queues inside of the "ride area" see Millie, Iron Dragon, Raptor, Mantis, etc.

It helps add to the atmosphere and hype of getting on the ride (watching those trains return on TTD adds quite a bit to the anticipation), but even more importantly, it helps maximize the use of the land. It makes much more sense to put the queue line in an area within the footprint of the ride, where essentially nothing else would be able to fit anyway, than it would to leave that area empty and wasted, and then take up more room outside the footprint with the queue line.

DB continues to get me more and more excited. I'm hoping the queue inside the turnaround can provide some great looks at the splashdown, at least in that corner closest to it.

Exactly!! That's what always happens to me... every time I go somewhere and get on a new ride or something, I always just miss what I wanted to see :( Doesn't surprise me though anymore, just the standard I have learned to accept.

I hope the trains appear this week either on the track or in pictures posted to the site!!! Either would be good with me. But in standard fashion I will be busy and be the last to know...lol

Guest rcfreak339
I believe they are adding the grout to the footings now. On the webcam, a lot of the footings are covered in plastic which, I'm assuming, is to protect the grout from the elements as it hardens or drys or whatever it does.

Don't you mean "Footers"?

Cody who just HAD to.

The shows are usually plenty loud, and there isn't a high speed element behind the building. As long as the speakers for the station safety spiels aren't turned up so you can hear them in Coney Mall, I don't think it will affect the shows.

Flyer, putting his 2 cents in.

Diamondback is close to the theater yes but, Where the track is close to the theater is after the final brake run. So therefore the coaster will not be quite as noisy as a coaster running full speed and the track coming up beside it. To add to the matter B&M's usually run smooth and run to where all you can hear is a distant hum.

^but backlot's helix is across the pathway from the theater, where Diamondback sets right behind it.

Backlot may be across the path, but those trains are also moving 40+ mph. Diamondback on the other hand will probably be moving at around 5 mph or so. I just don't see Diamondback as creating a noise problem in the turnaround into the station.

The very first B & M to have sand in the rails and supports was Alpengeist. Kings Island is not putting sound deadening substances in the rails and supports for Diamondback. I'd be more concerned at the sounds of the cheering riders than the coaster itself, given the reactions of returning riders on Nitro, Goliath, Apollo's Chariot and even, unbelievably, Raging Bull!

The very first B & M to have sand in the rails and supports was Alpengeist. Kings Island is not putting sound deadening substances in the rails and supports for Diamondback. I'd be more concerned at the sounds of the cheering riders than the coaster itself, given the reactions of returning riders on Nitro, Goliath, Apollo's Chariot and even, unbelievably, Raging Bull!

Whats wrong with Raging Bull? :unsure: