Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Guest rcfreak339
Diamondback is close to the theater yes but, Where the track is close to the theater is after the final brake run. So therefore the coaster will not be quite as noisy as a coaster running full speed and the track coming up beside it. To add to the matter B&M's usually run smooth and run to where all you can hear is a distant hum.

True but not true, Some B&M Tracks are filled with a sand mixture inside so the noise will be limited to a hum, but some B&M are loud not annoying loud but sorta like a roar EX:Chang at SFKK you can hear it from across the park, In fact the name "Chang" is actually the name of a ancient Chinese dragon and the roar Chang makes sounds like a Dragon Roaring and was named after it.

I have a feeling you are in for the shock of your life, pleasantly so, on April 18, 2009...if you are at Kings Island that day.

Won't be there that day. Probably mid June or early July. Goliath at SFoG was quite amazing, so I'm hoping for something along those lines.

Guest rcfreak339
And here I thought Chang was named for the sound of the chain breaking (as it did when it opened...)

LOL! The first day as a matter a fact.

and speed that's sluggish thanks to the ever present trim use.

Why say it when it has already been said for me?

...Because I'm dare-to-fly and can't resist. What else do you expect when a trim is installed at any point for any reason and subsequently used. Let's hope they don't use the one installed on Diamondback nor the almost guaranteed trimming at the mid-course brake run.

Flyer, who had to comment on his most touchy subject.

Diamondback is close to the theater yes but, Where the track is close to the theater is after the final brake run. So therefore the coaster will not be quite as noisy as a coaster running full speed and the track coming up beside it. To add to the matter B&M's usually run smooth and run to where all you can hear is a distant hum.

True but not true, Some B&M Tracks are filled with a sand mixture inside so the noise will be limited to a hum, but some B&M are loud not annoying loud but sorta like a roar EX:Chang at SFKK you can hear it from across the park, In fact the name "Chang" is actually the name of a ancient Chinese dragon and the roar Chang makes sounds like a Dragon Roaring and was named after it.

The press kit for the opening of "Chang" states that the name was chosen because of its Chinese translation meaning "long."

In regards to the International Theater, it does look a little "naked" in the back. I thought maybe they could plant some new trees... maybe some evergreens... something thick to help separate the stage and coaster... and buffer the noise a little.

New blog entry:

Busy day at Diamondback site

February 9, 2009

There has been a lot of action around the Diamondback site today. Workmen are busy putting the roof on the storage area for the trains and doing work in and around the station area, including building the exit ramp for the ride.

Once the work on the roof has been completed, the ride will be ready for trains. You will be able to watch the trains being placed on the track live through the webcam in a matter of days.

The beginning stages of the landscaping you'll see around the splashdown area has begun. The first rocks have been placed under the track heading into the splashdown.

- Don Helbig