Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Actually, the "frozen" webcam is all a ruse so you don't see the actual process of the trains being added to the track!!

BUT once the webcam is "not frozen" anymore, viola, the trains will be there!! :P

I hope not. I really wanted to see the process. Just all keep our fingers crossed it's the wind and everything will be the same..LOL

^ Is it the process of the trains being added everyone wants to see more or is it what the trains actually look like on the track?

The whole construction process is really interesting. It's nice to see what all goes into building a structure of this magnitude, as it really gives me an appreciation as to how much work goes in. Personally, I can't wait to see the first video of the trains in action while testing!

Except the issues with the webcam may be technical in nature. Not to mention that it could be a technical issue with the webcams connection to the internet and not anything with the actual webcam. It is not the end of the world if the webcam is down for a day. And given the high winds today and impending storms, I doubt that they would be doing any lifting of the trains.

He does have other responsibilities.

Like what? ride The Racer?

Good move! Insulting him is going to get you great respect from this community.

I didn't mean to insult him. I was just saying the man loves to ride The Racer. What's wrong with that?

He does have other responsibilities.

Like what? ride The Racer?

Good move! Insulting him is going to get you great respect from this community.

I didn't mean to insult him. I was just saying the man loves to ride The Racer. What's wrong with that?

I LOVE RIDING The Racer!!! Its a great ride! Dont insult The Racer

Public apology to Beast08. Reading that in relation to your last post sounded very insultive and I have a lot of respect for the man so...sorry to have bitten back.

2,500!!!!!!! That's amazing! I wonder if that was someone in corporate or who all bid on that. It gets me wondering what the workers think about riding DB. I think I would be extremely anxious but can imagine that some of them never want to see it again.

^^That would be amazing to see. All of that money to go towards "A Kid Again" would be very cool to see.

Webcam still down but it is very windy here so I wouldn't doubt if it is weather related.

Nevermind.

I also want to thank everyone for their patience today with the webcam. We're doing some work out in the park today in preparation for the 2009 season and had to turn off the power on the Eiffel Tower, where the webcams are located.