Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

^I noticed that. That was a total burn.

....HAH! We rule!

Yeah, that got a laugh out of me too. That was a nice burn.

I also found it entertaining that the past page and a half was discussion of why the webcam was down - and no one had it right. It wasn't wind, it wasn't a conspiracy, it wasn't web traffic ... it was just maintenance. :D

He does have other responsibilities.

Like what? ride The Racer?

Good move! Insulting him is going to get you great respect from this community.

I didn't mean to insult him. I was just saying the man loves to ride The Racer. What's wrong with that?

I LOVE RIDING The Racer!!! Its a great ride! Dont insult The Racer

I'm glad to see Racer still has fans besides me after all these years! I also love The Racer - especially the last little hill before the turnaround (the good air hill). Kudos to all of you for spelling the name right! Thank you!

Speaking of bids are we all still trying to donate as a group and if we win give it to one of the kids or has that idea been tossed?

KICentral is currently the number 2 bidder at $600, but I'm not sure if it's being bid with advertising revenue, a group effort, or by an individual member.

I also found it entertaining that the past page and a half was discussion of why the webcam was down - and no one had it right. It wasn't wind, it wasn't a conspiracy, it wasn't web traffic ... it was just maintenance. :D

This is a really long maintenance outage, time stamp on page says 7:10 AM and it is now 7:30 PM? I still feel when that cam comes back up there will be trains on the track.

No, his claim that the tower is without power is legit. If anyone's in the area, drive past it... it doesn't have any lights on.

HUMM!! I wonder if that was planned? Are there other light on in the park? I am in Indy, so I dont know what the park is expected to look like at night in the off season.

No, his claim that the tower is without power is legit. If anyone's in the area, drive past it... it doesn't have any lights on.

HUMM!! I wonder if that was planned? Are there other light on in the park? I am in Indy, so I dont know what the park is expected to look like at night in the off season.

It's pretty dark at night in the off season. Drove past there the other night at 4 a.m. - the only lights on were the blinking ones on the tops of the tall structures, the signboard, and it seemed like most of the parking lot lights. None of the ride lights (such as the chasing lights on Vortex and Racer) are operating.

The KIC bid -- like all corporate bids -- will be donated back to A Kid Again so someone who is being assisted by the organization can ride.

That is sweet. Its cool as being a member since the first week this site has opened from a small place to a website that is generating money and giving back to the community.

O yeah The Racer is something to be a fan of. :rolleyes:

Right, because a masterpiece of John Allen which sparked the Second Golden Age of Roller Coasters and, along with Fairly Odd Coaster (and numerous other classics), was the foundation of Kings Island isn't worth being a fan of.

Everyone is blowing the webcam out of proportion. Are you aware how long the park was without the webcam? I'm sure you'd rather be safe riding the elevator on Tower then see a webcam for a day of probably no activity. I'm assuming that's why towers power would be off anyways.

I just think every one is getting excited to see the trains on the track. It's getting close and since the web cam is down every ones hopes of seeing them placed just dropped. I know KI was without a web cam for along time, but when you do get one to watch a monster like this erect, you cant help but to watch it every day. And then when it's close to a big event like the trains, and the cam is down, it makes you wanna cry. LOL at least it does me. I have been on sick leave from work due to a surgery for the past 5 weeks now and watching the cams (and KIC) have made my days go by faster. I know to some it may be silly that some of us are bummed about the cams more than others but sometimes it just makes your day watching that. :)

Just for fun...

What do Indiana Jones and Superman: The Ride have in common? They're both afraid of snakes.

That Golden Ticket is going to look nice on KI's fireplace. :D

In what category?

It sure won't be for theme... cause I am sure both Superman and Indian Jones the ride have heard the saying "sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never harm me"

I have thought about KI winning some type of award for Diamondback; Best Steel Coaster or Best New Ride.

Keep in mind Universal Studios Florida is opening a new steel coaster "HollyWood Rip Ride Rocket and Sea World Orlando is opening Manta. If they base the award off of extreme thrill then Diamondback probably will get it but if they base it off of the total ride experience then I think Diamondback has some serious competition.

are there any decent pictures of the park at night in the off-season (like the blacked out tower against the clouds)?

I have no photos, but I do have a piece of art that comes close:

NightTower2.jpg

The towa without powa! Still no webcam for me. Has anyone seen whether the aircraft warning light is flashing again?

Just for fun...

What do Indiana Jones and Superman: The Ride have in common? They're both afraid of snakes.

That Golden Ticket is going to look nice on KI's fireplace. :D

In what category?

It sure won't be for theme... cause I am sure both Superman and Indian Jones the ride have heard the saying "sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never harm me"

I have thought about KI winning some type of award for Diamondback; Best Steel Coaster or Best New Ride.

Keep in mind Universal Studios Florida is opening a new steel coaster "HollyWood Rip Ride Rocket and Sea World Orlando is opening Manta. If they base the award off of extreme thrill then Diamondback probably will get it but if they base it off of the total ride experience then I think Diamondback has some serious competition.

I will have to say though, those coasters look kick butt. I wouldn't mind taking a ride on those! DB is still top on my list though.