Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

^^That is just perspective, the track is exactly the same size throughout the ride.

Coaster_junky's not talking about the track gage (the train stays the same size, so of course the gage stays the same!:), but the spine (the supporting structure or backbone, if you will, under the track and above the supports. Look again. The spine is much, much deeper in the background than under the track in the foreground...

^^^No I definitely think coaster_junky is right. I think they are talking about the spine not the actual size of the track.

Just looking at this beast through the webcam makes me so excited. When I was in the park for the returning employee party it look amazingly huge even back by Action Zone. I will be back there again during the job fair Saturday but during the day so I can't wait to see it in the sunlight!

^^That is just perspective, the track is exactly the same size throughout the ride.

The track does stay the same but if you loook at any picture of the break runs you can see how the spine drops down a lil to make room for the breaks. I think all B&M's have that drop in the spine during break runs it but im not too sure

^Yeah I keep having moments like that. The drop out of the MCBR looks awesome an higher than i invisioned (even though I knew the measurements), the helixes both look more fun than in the renderings, some of the "bunny hills" have pretty steep peaks which could be very intense. She just keeps getting better everytime I look.

Well first off, I've been a long time member but it's been quite a while since I last posted...though I visit almost daily to look at the various threads, inlcuding the monster that has become the "Diamondback Construction Thread". So I'm not sure if this observation has been noted but I felt compelled to see if anyone else has noticed a possibly overt or inovert resemblence of the entrance pathway as being that of a snake's tongue.

my girlfriend is down there for the job fair and i was on the phone with her when she got there and was telling me about DB and let me say i was quite the jealous man. i thought about going down there to sit in the parking lot just so i could look at things :lol: