Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

That is because in 2008, the portion of the covered arbor was removed. That path way was originally severed with the 1998 renovation of Hanna Barbera Land, if my memory serves me correct. They added some more 'back of house' area to the food stand there, cutting off the path. I agree, it would be nice to have that walkway back, as it can be a pain when those food stands have long lines! But I don`t foresee that path coming back anytime soon as it is now used for tables for said restaurants.

That arbored walkway was one of my favorite parts of Kings Island. I miss it especially when I see and walk through the similar ones at Six Flags over Georgia and Carowinds, in particular. Would that that be the something old that is new again! Talk about nostalgia! It needn't be where it was, but a revival would be splendid!

What? One of the largest snow storms the Ohio Valley has ever seen struck on St. Patrick's Day in the early 90's. Also, there's the ground hog thing. Not to mention that snow showers are in the forecast for this very week....

Terpy, I think the intent was that we not have another 12" or so like the last time. We don't want any more snow to delay DB from being operational on opening day.