Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

My question is how will they move the trains out of the storage shed onto the transfer track. I have been looking at as many pictures of Diamondback as I can find and I can't find an answer. Are the center wheels powered in some way? Are there kicker wheels that haven't been installed yet? Will someone have to go out there every morning and manually push the trains? I know its not the last one, but I can't figure this one out. If anyone knows how the other B&M Hypers work, I assume it will be similar.

I know you were joking about the possibility of manually pushing Diamondback's trains, but that is actually how it's done on quite a few older rides. For instance, here at Space Mountain we have to manually push each rocket through the storage area until it reaches the storage out track. It's actually pretty fun to push a train.

gah! i hate living 2 hours away..i wish i was able to just drive by the park and see the ride...thats all i want...a little pre-season peak.

im starting to think that next time im at my girlfriend's house i may have to mate a little side trip down past the park. sure its probably a "waste of gas" but i wanna see it darn it!

does anyone else ever feel in the slightest bit creepy when they watch the web cam a whole lot? whenever i see people walking around i just feel the slightest bit odd and almost stalker-ish. dont get me wrong i love the web cam but do you think everyone working likes the idea of people being able to just sit at home and watch them :blink:

Sorry if this has been posted before but; When will start doing the pull throughs and testing? I have never watched a coaster being built from the ground up; it's just so exciting!! Also if anyone has pictures of a coasters initial testing please post!

Thanks,

Maria

I have been watching the web cam for about 25 min now on and off. The train they put on the track has been pushed back a bit. You cant see it as well as you could. There is also alot of people movement on the track right outside the storage shed. I didnt get to watch the cam all day yesterday. Im very excited to get up this morning and see that there had in fact had been a train placed. No choo choo there...LOL Im looking forward to the other two. Maybe we will catch a glimps of those two since no one got pictures of the first one being placed!

Kitten who had her day made! yay trains

Blog Update

Excitement abounds as enthusiasts were able to get their first glimpse of a Diamondback train via the webcam on Monday. The train is parked in the storage area. The lead car can be seen on the webcam.

Bids continue to come in to be among the first to ride Diamondback when it opens to the public April 18. A total of 174 bids have been received so far. A minimum of 96 seats will be available to the highest bidders. One-hundred percent of the proceeds benefit A Kid Again, formerly known as Adventures for Wish Kids.

- Don Helbig

I would assume photo update shortly. :rolleyes:

^I think it's possible that they can at least start testing this train.

I really want it to test while I'm there Saturday for the ACE event.

I thought I noticed a lift back by Crypt this morning working on the track. That is why I was asking, I am ready to see it start up the lift! :)