Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

^I think I know what you mean but we havn't really seen the fully completed trains yet. I'm going to wait until we see the trains more towards opening day with all the decals and stuff on them to really decide how awesome they look. Give them time I guess.

i also thought it would be a little bigger but at the same time i almost like it a little smaller...no real reason why other than my own personal taste i guess...but at the same time i guess i wouldn't really care if the snake head was there or not (even though it is pretty hardcore awesome)

^The zero cars are the first cars on the trains. They're the ones with the fangs that have been discussed.

I don't understand how someone could be disappointed with the snake's head part of the trains when we haven't gotten any real pictures of them yet...? Some people are never satisfied.... ;)

What the heck, we are all excited to see progress. But then you say the trains don't live up to your expectations? Gee... come on, you have barely seen them! I don't think anyone should give a fair opinion untill you see good clear pictures. I mean come on. Lets just all be excited the trains are there. They still have plastic on them for heavens sake. Who says they are even in there final look yet, which im sure they are not. Lets all just look forward to what the next couple of days has to bring.

IMO they dont look ike how they did in the models. I was expecting the snake heads to be bigger...

Also, the model was built base on the ride. The ride was not built based on the model. The trains on the model were painted and a decal was put on the top of the pilot coach (zero car) to make the model's trains resemble the coaster's trains.

As for the pull through, I am not sure they will do a pull through with this coaster. See the thing about a B&M coaster is that they don't play around when it comes to their stuff. They've got it together WAY before the ride is built. That is why they are the safest and most reliable coasters out there. Why do you think the Busch parks have so many B&M's throughout?

Don Said that testing would begin in Early March, does that include pull throughs? Because I bet they have a lot of mehcanical do-hickeys to tinker with before it is ready to be pulled through the course.

I am not sure they will do a pull through with this coaster.

That is why they are the safest and most reliable coasters out there.

:blink: Am I the only one who is baffled by this?

For the record I have been getting more and more excited with each day and with the updates that we have been provided. I am pleasantly surprised with some of the landscaping around the area and would love to know who is doing it. I have absolutely no problem hearing others opinions good or bad especially when it is done respectfully. Sometimes it's good to hear others opinions and I think that others would find this board fixed or has a group of over excited members if all we heard or read about was all glowing reviews. It's good to hear both sides and a lot can be learned from it.

Is it just me or does anyone else think the trains could be better? I was expecting ALOT more...

I'm pretty sure you have not seen everything yet.

ok, lots of talk about the zero car graphics. But I have yet to see a good picture of it.

Can someone post a pic or link to a good shot of it?

I don't think there is a good picture yet becuase the trains are not finished yet. B&M delivers the trains as is but I believe it will be up to the parks Planning & Design team to ad any design to the trains.

Actually Mike, I think the train colors will be Green, Red and Gold.

Edit: Mike asked for a link, forgot to put it here...

http://www.kiDiamondback.com/public/downloads/videos.cfm

Mike, go to the bottom and click "Train 360 Animation." As the car rotates each time in the video it changes colors on the fenders and zero car. The Green train was the first one they loaded on, red is the one Don posted pictures of them lifting up yesterday and we have yet to see the gold one go on.

Actually Mike, I think the train colors will be Green, Red and Gold.

Edit: Mike asked for a link, forgot to put it here...

http://www.kiDiamondback.com/public/downloads/videos.cfm

Mike, go to the bottom and click "Train 360 Animation." As the car rotates each time in the video it changes colors on the fenders and zero car. The Green train was the first one they loaded on, red is the one Don posted pictures of them lifting up yesterday and we have yet to see the gold one go on.

Well atleast someone seems to know what they are talking about. ;)

Don Said that testing would begin in Early March, does that include pull throughs? Because I bet they have a lot of mehcanical do-hickeys to tinker with before it is ready to be pulled through the course.

I am not sure they will do a pull through with this coaster.

That is why they are the safest and most reliable coasters out there.

:blink: Am I the only one who is baffled by this?

I have watched construction of several B&M coasters when I lived in Florida, and they didn't do pull throughs on them. Kraken didn't, SheiKra didn't, Montu didn't, Kumba didn't.

Why is everyone so adiment about seeing a pull through? It's B&M, it WILL go!

If they are planning to do a pull through, they don't have a crane large enough to do it. Clifford was the only one that would have been tall enough, and that's been gone for weeks. I vote for the no pull through on this ride. I agree with all the other statements as well.

For the record I have been getting more and more excited with each day and with the updates that we have been provided. I am pleasantly surprised with some of the landscaping around the area and would love to know who is doing it. I have absolutely no problem hearing others opinions good or bad especially when it is done respectfully. Sometimes it's good to hear others opinions and I think that others would find this board fixed or has a group of over excited members if all we heard or read about was all glowing reviews. It's good to hear both sides and a lot can be learned from it.

I agree totally. The "waterfall" feature coming in from the station side of the splashdown looks fantastic. That should add a great deal to the experience of the ride. It's good to see that the renderings were just a reference point kind of thing and that the park has their own ideas on how to "finish" the ride. Can't wait for April.

"If they are planning to do a pull through, they don't have a crane large enough to do it. Clifford was the only one that would have been tall enough, and that's been gone for weeks. I vote for the no pull through on this ride."

Certain B&Ms also utilize a "ball" contraption that can slowly crawl the track. Batman Knight Flight at SFO, ummm SFWOA, errrr GL, came with it's own. Here's a link to a pic of it being used when the coaster was re-located to Kings Dominion:

http://www.kdfansite.com/gallery/displayim...bum=3&pos=5

I believe B&M also has one that has been used to test parameters on several different installs. I've also seen them use a makeshift "car" complete with plywood shells that that run through "tight" areas.

Shaggy