Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Wow I really need to quit this not reading the boards until after school thing I've been doing.

This is awesome to see this much progress in one day!

picture2pe4.png

Also to who posted the link to the cage thing that moves along the tracks, thanks that was awesome to see and would be soooo fun to do.

I am seeing everything ok right? Still only 2 trains?

Oh well the amount of stuff being worked on today makes up for it!

EDIT: I just took another look at the work going on near the station again. The way they are laying out the outlines, it seems like it will be a cool building (maybe and hopefully themed) with more than just lines going back and forth but an actual queue. Maybe something like Expedition Everest but not themed at all that much but a cool western building with lots of windows and shelter from the sun.

Merchandising maybe?

I was told before the park closed that the plan was to use the old photo gallery as a merchandise shop where riders would exit. Based off of what we gathered, I'm certain that the new building is the queue line. I was having my doubts for a few weeks that this "plan" was accurate since no new buildings were appearing.

TRAINS ON Diamondback OFFER UNOBSTRUCTED VIEW

The trains on the new Diamondback roller coaster feature unique, open-air stadium style seating that will allow riders to experience an unobstructed view of all the thrills and excitement on the best new roller coaster in the world for 2009.

Diamondback will have three trains consisting of eight vehicles each. The steel frame vehicles are four passenger with a panoramic view and front and rear offset. The lead vehicle on each train features a fiberglass pilot nose.

Hourly capacity is 1,620 riders.

Kings Island will be the first park in the United States with trains of this style on a roller coaster.

Diamondback opens to the public April 18 .

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/news/detail.cfm?item_id=829