Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

So last night they put the webcam back to normal and now we get two views one of The Racer and one of pretty much nothing. You guys sure they just aren't letting us see the test runs.

I saw Vortex, then a fleeting image of a pile of dirt, then Racer. Then the webcam stopped working.

Dom just sent me an E-mail here it is

Zach,

[/color]

Nobody has missed seeing a test run today. We are testing the webcam to see what other good shots we can get to show during the 2009 season.

Don Helbig

Area Manager, Public Relations

Kings Island

That doesn't seem promising since that was the response yesterday.

Personally, I think it would be a bad idea for them to show the first test runs. This has basically been said before but, what if something happened. Even if it was routine or something insignificant, once it hit the web there would be no getting it back. That could cause a PR crisis over nothing.

Keep in mind folks, Dan is every bit as excited as we are and quite possibly the biggest coaster enthusiast of all of us. I think it's pretty cool and we are very lucky that he has the job he does. However, there are decisions made that he must follow regardless of his personal enthusiasm. I'm sure they will show us test runs as soon as possible and if the are not showing ones occuring now, there is a good reason for it. Just be glad we've got the webcam at all.

Personally, I think it would be a bad idea for them to show the first test runs. This has basically been said before but, what if something happened. Even if it was routine or something insignificant, once it hit the web there would be no getting it back. That could cause a PR crisis over nothing.

Keep in mind folks, Dan is every bit as excited as we are and quite possibly the biggest coaster enthusiast of all of us. I think it's pretty cool and we are very lucky that he has the job he does. However, there are decisions made that he must follow regardless of his personal enthusiasm. I'm sure they will show us test runs as soon as possible and if the are not showing ones occuring now, there is a good reason for it. Just be glad we've got the webcam at all.

couldn't have said it better if I tried.... :)

Hey Don,

I know you are probably getting alot of emails about this but... why

in the world are you keeping us from Diamond back. We are all so ready

to see those trains moving. Please please please move them back. :) I

hope you update pictures soon. We all are needing something new from

Diamond back!!

in response to my email.....

Stephanie,

We're not keeping anyone from Diamondback. Testing for the day has not

begun.

So in all due time I have a feeling my friends. :)

The only problem is that everyone and their mother can see DB from the road and if something happened, it's a good chance someone would see it anyway. I would imagine that most people glued to the cam are us fanboys and girls who know that if it valleys, it's not a big deal because that can happen during tests.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Friday, February 27, 2009 12:52 PM

To: Helbig, Don

Subject: Diamondback

Hey don, Im sorry I didnt mean mean to make it sound like you were

keeping us away from it. We are all just so excited. Im sorry. I know

your a busy guy with lots of emails from enthusiast. I apologize.

Stephanie

We'll be switching the webcam back to Diamondback when we begin getting

the ride ready for testing today.

Don

-----Original Message-----

From the big man himself... Another email he sent me just a few moments ago. He is on the ball today about emails.