Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

The one question I have though is why every seat had a water dummy except one?

I'm guessing that they will use that seat for a test tummy with sensors that detect the effects DB will have on its riders.

Is a test tummy used to see if riders will get sick?

Tee hee...

Terpy, who liked that one...

That wouldn't be a bad idea.. I'm a back seat rider on most coasters and really would not prefer someone's unwanted protein shake flying back at me.

This webcam gets to be ridiculous sometimes,.....like anytime a train leaves the storage area. :unsure: With all the complaints it seems like KI should really take a look at their setup since it does not seem to be adequate.

This webcam gets to be ridiculous sometimes,.....like anytime a train leaves the storage area. :unsure: With all the complaints it seems like KI should really take a look at their setup since it does not seem to be adequate.

Actually the cam is just fine, it just doesn't appear on the computer if to many people are watching

Actually the cam is just fine, it just doesn't appear on the computer if to many people are watching

Yes, I am aware it is not the physical camera itself, but the way the camera software and/or server side of things are working.

I think we should be thankful we even have a webcam

2trains.jpg

Is this two trains or is the sun playing tricks with my eyes???

I think you are right, there looks to be a train coming down the hill to the last camelback as well as going up the lift hill. On the webshot of the shed it also looks like there are two trains missing from the storage tracks.

I had some journey today. I went to KI to process my paperwork at about 10:45ish waited in an hour line to come up next and they tell me my parent didn't sign one of the forms. So I was like ok and took it home and got it signed and come back. The line was even longer but on my way in I was able to see the testing of Diamondback. I forget what the name of the road is but it goes right by the employee entrance and it goes down a really curvy hill but then it gets straight. Well that view is awesome because you see the first 2 hills lined up right infront of the other and I look up to see the train coasting down the first hill. It was an awesome sight. As I was walking through the parking lo I noticed that the train had stopped on the top of the lift hill which was the second time I saw this happen but I was really cold and went inside to the longer line. Well I bring up my paper that was now signed and learned that my hair is just barley too long so they can't give me a uniform or take my picture for my ID card. I checked the grooming standards online before I left but I guess it's up to them.

Well at least I got to see testing!

So this is the first time I really watched a coaster born from start to finish. So I'm a little clueless when it comes to all of this coaster language. :blink: What's a break block and do they have to test each train multiple times before they get the all clear? By the way she is so PRETTY!!!! I so can't wait to ride this thing; I don't care how long the wait!!

Maria

A roller coaster is broken into block sections which functions as a safety mechanism. These block brakes begin and end a block section. If a train were still in the section after the block brakes and another train were incoming, the block brakes would stop the incoming train until the first train passed to the next section.

Wow this topic exploded over the weekend... Not sure if anyone noticed but Don has posted some new photos on the Diamondback website that show the awesome decals and the water scoops on the back of the train.

I think March came in like a lion this year, atleast thats what is sounds like at Kings Island