Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

A roller coaster is broken into block sections which functions as a safety mechanism. These block brakes begin and end a block section. If a train were still in the section after the block brakes and another train were incoming, the block brakes would stop the incoming train until the first train passed to the next section.

And why I still remain very skeptical about the 5th hill trim and MCBR use and intensity given how much shorter D-back's pre-MCBR course is compared to it's older sisters and brothers, unfortunately...

Are they testing now? Earlier I saw them move the train on the transfer track but now because of the glare from the sun I can't tell if the train is in storage. It definately isn't in the station now.

Guys They are filling the splash down for sure.

No doubt!

It looks Fuller!

readImageasp-2.jpg

I would have to agree since water appears to be coming in from three spots. The pseduo stream on the right, the bottom of the lake close to the station, and a water truck. However, I wonder why they are doing this since there is still sub 32 degree weather forecast.

It appears they are really just cleaning the area. The stream filler will probably be used all the time to fill it.

Might take quite some time with a small hose like that... :-)

But I agree they want to fill the pond soon to test the reaction with the cars and the splashdown.

^^Yeah thats what I was thinking, they could be possibly be cleaning it out right now to make sure it is clear and ready to go when they fill it and once the high 50 to mid 60 degree weather comes later this week and this weekend they might want to try to fill it and start testing with the splashdown area filled. Just a thought

Well, thanks for stating the obvious. But they are not filling it up. They were merely cleaning it. Besides, they would want to remove the temporary clearance railings from the middle of the splash down pool before they began filling it up. Not to mention that I would not be surprised if they added some more stones around the perimeter of the splash down pool.

It would have to be much colder than 25 degrees for that body of water to freeze solid.

I don't think the risk would be the train hitting a solid block of ice in the splashdown, but rather the water getting into the filtration system, freezing and bursting the pipes. Same reason that fountains aren't run in the winter.