Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

The Blog is not only for construction updates, but for us, the fans. I learned from this post that not only is the local community excited for this ride, but people from as far as Michigan are just as excited as we are. This is the biggest thing to happen to Kings Island.

As Don said, "Interest in Diamondback runs coast-to-coast"

1. The purpose of that recnet blog post was is that its creating an excitment from coast to coast and that people from all over the country can come and ride this new monster.

2. To answer your question about that guy being selected, well for one Don and Jess have been friends for years and Im kinda glad that that Don has chosen Jess for this recent Blog post because for one Jess Loves B&M coasters and he has just about ridden every B&M coaster in North America. No Jess is not a ranking ACE. Like I said before there just really good friends and I happen to be one of Jess good friends to. GO JESS.

I would assume the blog updates (particularly the ones that don't pertain to actual ride progress) also serve to just "be there". I have seen several other blogs (official ones, not personal ones) around where the author(s) go a full couple weeks with no updates or anything. I much prefer Don's approach where even if nothing big has happened with the actual ride, he posts to let us know that he hasn't forgotten about us.

On another note, I LOVE how close the ride's entrance and exit are to each other. Several coasters I've been on have their entrances and exits a decent distance away (my main beef about Maverick), thus making efficient re-queues more difficult. Diamondback appears to be very accommodating to re-riders looking to enter the queue again quickly after completing a great ride!

They need to Paint Flight Deck like no other!!! I would like to see Red track with Black Supports!!! that would be Sharp&Sleek looking :D

For those of you that aren't aware, Vortex at Canada's Wonderland is basically a clone of Flight Deck at Kings Island. It just looks all together more beautiful than Flight Deck. Vortex at CW isn't over some random land with gravel access roads below it, but over a lake. It's colors also seem to pop just like BeastinNight suggests.

Vortex02.jpg

Vortex01.jpg

Photos from www.coastergallery.com

You can also see SkyRider (the King Cobra clone) on the far left of the first picture.

Woohoo 1,000 posts!

^ Congrats on 1000 posts!

Vortex at CW definitely has a beautiful setting. Perhaps it's just me but it seems as if it also rides a little quicker than Flight Deck at KI.

It looks as though Diamondback testing has resumed!

^ Congrats on 1000 posts!

Vortex at CW definitely has a beautiful setting. Perhaps it's just me but it seems as if it also rides a little quicker than Flight Deck at KI.

It looks as though Diamondback testing has resumed!

Yes Vortex at CW does run a little quicker than Flight Deck. Diamondback is looking good.

They need to Paint Flight Deck like no other!!! I would like to see Red track with Black Supports!!! that would be Sharp&Sleek looking :D

For those of you that aren't aware, Vortex and Canada's Wonderland is basically a clone of Flight Deck at Kings Island. It just looks all together more beautiful than Flight Deck. Vortex at CW isn't over some random land with gravel access roads below it, but over a lake. It's colors also seem to pop just like BeastinNight suggests.

Photos from www.coastergallery.com

sigh... I remember when Iron Dragon looked that good...

I just found these pics of Diamondback testing, there are about 30 or so... I have not seen this link posted anywhere yet but forgive me if it has :) There are some cool shots and new angles of the train n the MCBR and 1st helix!!! Take a look they are actually really cool and different :D

I cant wait to see pics/videos of it going through the splashdown with water, let alone seeing it in person!!! O Man i and getting excited for this beast of a coaster!!

http://projects.journal-news.com/cache/gal.../070908coaster/

sry bout that ^^^^^ here's the link

2. To answer your question about that guy being selected, well for one Don and Jess have been friends for years and Im kinda glad that that Don has chosen Jess for this recent Blog post because for one Jess Loves B&M coasters and he has just about ridden every B&M coaster in North America. No Jess is not a ranking ACE. Like I said before there just really good friends and I happen to be one of Jess good friends to. GO JESS.

As Adam stated, Jess is arguably the biggest B&M fan in the world. He's been pushing for Kings Island to get one for many years now. I'd say that his opinion is more than qualified to be in the blog.

does anyone know why one of the trains was stopped on the lift Sunday? It was like that when i was on my way to Kenwood... and still there on my way back.

The train has been stopped on the lift several times during the testing process, and likely will be stopped again countless times until the testing concludes and the park opens on April 18th. It's really nothing to write home or email the park about. There are many reasons why the train could be stopped. Please don't forget that during the testing processes, the operation of the ride may seem unorthodox in comparison to how we may imagine it will be run while the park is open.

There are new lightpoles around the splashdown area. apparently thats what the footers were for that we saw during the construction tour. Also, they appear to actually be filling up the splashdown! maybe today will be the first splash day of testing!

Site work continues in Rivertown

March 5, 2009

After sending the first train through its required number of cycles, including multiple cycles without the water dummies, ride technicians began testing the second train yesterday. Like the first train, it worked perfectly the first time!

Site work continues throughout Rivertown. Workers began pouring the concrete for the queue area for Diamondback yesterday. A lot of work is going on in The Beast plaza area. You'll be pleased with the new look when you visit the park this year. It looks great! Just in time for the legendary ride's 30th anniversary season.

Workmen are expected to begin filling the pool in the splashdown area today.

- Don Helbig

New blog entry and two new photos of the red train testing.