Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

I have a feeling those geese won't hang around with the trains splashing past.

I really hope that they dont stand on the track, and not be smart and move. Lol, ive seen it happen in my neighborhood,a goose stood in the middle of the street and just stood their and got hit by a car.

The thing that I am most excited about is how fast this ride is going to gobble up a queue line. I mean, with no seat belts and the seats at a comfortable height for employees to check restraints load time is going to be lightning fast. Plus with three trains I think the line might move as fast as Magnum. Does anyone know how many riders per hour magnum is capable of??

All right... lets see this baby run to its fullest.

Also, from all the pictures that we receive we can truly see how fast they are working on the area. Things are really starting to take shape. Once the trees get their leaves for the year and the grass starts to grow the area will really be a site to behold! I can't wait!

New Blog On Kings Island Insider:

<h2 class="date-header"></h2>

<h2 class="date-header">Friday, March 6, 2009</h2> <h3 class="post-title entry-title"> Making a splash! </h3> KI-DiamondbackSplash.jpg

Kings Island new $22 million Diamondback roller coaster features a spectacular splashdown ending. Diamondback will be the tallest and fastest roller coaster at Kings Island. The ride stands 230 feet at its highest point with a first drop of 215 feet at a 74-degree angle. Diamondback has 10 vertical drops, two helixes and a hammerhead turn. Riders will snake their way around 5,282 feet of track at speeds up to 80 miles per hour. The ride opens April 18.

The thing that I am most excited about is how fast this ride is going to gobble up a queue line. I mean, with no seat belts and the seats at a comfortable height for employees to check restraints load time is going to be lightning fast. Plus with three trains I think the line might move as fast as Magnum. Does anyone know how many riders per hour magnum is capable of??

Magnum XL-200: capacity, 2000 pph

Diamondback: capacity, 1620 pph

Wow, what a surprise. I'm gone for two days and the splashdown has been filled. This is awesome! I can't wait to see the splashdown area all landscaped on a nice late spring day. Now that will look awesome.

Just thinking alittle bit about the splashdown. I am wondering how loud that will be in the back of the train also being in that area. I wonder if it will vibrate the train at all as well. Sooooo many questions I need to ride it :)

One other thing though and I think it will suck but I know Maverick has the water bombs and the water goes up and then comes back down and hits the track. Now it does it over and over and by the end of the season the track looks dirty because of the water and everything going onto it. I am sure this might happen because it looks like it will hit the track when it goes down back into the pool. It will look dirty a bit but it should be fine :)