Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

I saw it running from Granden Rd. about 4 miles away, HA.

(Monroe who is in damage control mode because his daughter saw it from the same location and decided she is too scared to ride it now. I hope posting this will change her mind.)

readImageasp.jpg

I know that some have already been posted but this Picture shown the full height of the Rooster Tails, just wanted to post it because it shows them in compare to the Lift and the Final Helix :D I am so excited to ride this thing on one of the outer edge seats!!

Great capture. I dont think you catch a more perfect shot from the webcam. The roaster tails look massive.

One word describes the splashdown... Skloooooshhhhh

You sure it's hard on the track? My guess is that it's over-engineered and ridiculous to maintain.

That could be part of it but the chemicals within the water to keep it clean is what eat away at backlot's track and hence the removal. I promise it had nothing to do with the pumps not working in such. So what I'm saying with Diamondback is that chemicals must be watched carefully in order to insure the track being kept in top shape. It's definitely possible to keep it in great shape and I'm sure B&M engineers much better track than premier but still care will need to be taken.

You sure it's hard on the track? My guess is that it's over-engineered and ridiculous to maintain.

That could be part of it but the chemicals within the water to keep it clean is what eat away at backlot's track and hence the removal. I promise it had nothing to do with the pumps not working in such. So what I'm saying with Diamondback is that chemicals must be watched carefully in order to insure the track being kept in top shape. It's definitely possible to keep it in great shape and I'm sure B&M engineers much better track than premier but still care will need to be taken.

the water from backlot's splashdown never touched the track rather than a few drops here and there.

the water from backlot's splashdown never touched the track rather than a few drops here and there.

Indeed water actually did.. the second launch before the tunnel.. you know.. where they pretty much sprayed you down and you were in a mini WWC for a few seconds :)...

Indeed water actually did.. the second launch before the tunnel.. you know.. where they pretty much sprayed you down and you were in a mini WWC for a few seconds :) ...

when did they move the splashdown to before the second launch?

^ Not the splash down... the splash down was at the end.. but at the second launch, the water was eroding at the track, thus causing the end of the water features through out the ride..

am I right??

Wait, wait, wait! There used to be water at the second launch?! I know there is fire but I didn't know of any water. :huh:

Edit: Did I do the quotes in this post correctly?

Yes there was water at the second launch. When the barrels are shot water would shoot out of the top.

Also the water on the splashdown for BLSC is not treated, just like the water at the second launch is not treated. The issue with the splashdown is over engineering.

I thought that was pretty funny too

haha well they usally dont take those down untill its really cllose to opening day, if i 'member correctly :D

I help Kings Island setup for the season, and we havent even started taking any Halloween Haunt stuff down yet. All of the haunted houses, signs, colored lightbulbs, etc. are all still standing. First day we start this process is Friday the 13th.