Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

My favorite pics so far are the ones from Markhudson there are some very nice shots and one of the hammerhead. Once again Nice markhudson

Edit: And by that I meen favorite pics by anyone who hasn't had the advantage to actualy be inside the park.

1.jpg

Pics

Roster Tails on Splash Down Plus Train on Lift Hill. :rolleyes:

readImageasp-3.jpg

Putting the third train on track!

readImageaspwoo.jpg

looking like they are going 3 trains now.

Beat me to it! lol

For all people who are doubting me on my profile please read it now.

Thanks

Pics

Roster Tails on Splash Down Plus Train on Lift Hill. :rolleyes:

readImageasp-3.jpg

Putting the third train on track!

readImageaspwoo.jpg

MOD EDIT: Please do not double post. Use the edit button if you want to add more to your original content.

What I like is that these B&M Trains actually look like trains, with individual cars and of nice length. The other Beemers look like short nubs going along the track.

To be honest I really don't like the look of the B&M floorless trains http://www.rcdb.com/ig2169.htm?picture=22 something just doesn't look right. I do have a question though. How do they load people on to a floorless train?

What I like is that these B&M Trains actually look like trains, with individual cars and of nice length. The other Beemers look like short nubs going along the track.

To be honest I really don't like the look of the B&M floorless trains http://www.rcdb.com/ig2169.htm?picture=22 something just doesn't look right.

Ok this is the B&M Trains Looks:

Dive Machine:

big_diving_1.jpg

Floorless:

big_floorless_3.jpg

Flying:

big_flying_4.jpg

Hyper(Old):

big_hyper_1.jpg

Inverted:

big_inverted_2.jpg

Sit Down:

big_sitting_1.jpg

Stand Up:

big_stand_4.jpg

Images From:

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com/products/products_en.aspx

To be honest I really don't like the look of the B&M floorless trains http://www.rcdb.com/ig2169.htm?picture=22 something just doesn't look right. I do have a question though. How do they load people on to a floorless train?

THey have a auto floor that rises upp and down like this...

Man I love that JOJO Roll on Hydra. I've never had the pleasure of riding it but the idea is just so cool.

On topic for DB I can't wait to see a video of that splashdown and I really can't wait to hear what it sounds like when it hits the water

^LOL the floors on Dominator scared me to death when I was at geauga Lake in '07......as for the D-Back trains, are ours floorless too?

EDIT: Blake, what up with the quad-post? You can edit any post you made by pushing the Edit Post Icon on the bottom of the Post ^_^

readImageasp-5.jpg

There is a tornado warning in southern indiana and they are still testing. Also, an optical illusion.

The train is in the spalshdown, but there is no spalsh? I thought it looked pretty cool.

(I know that in the picture, the scoops just entered the water)

It has finally started raining up at Kings Island, and on the webcam I can see the middle and left train are in the storage shed, but I can't tell if the third train is in the shed.

Edit: Just got another shot of the webcam and it appears the third train is in the shed.

The splashdown shot is incredible i cannot wait to see this thing up close and personal. Have they started on building the entrance queue area and everything like that yet?

Yep. It looks like the concrete has been poured for the queue area directly off the midway. Aside from that, who knows?

It was amazing the number of runs they made with 3 trains yesterday. I would say they are easily ahead of schedule.

Of course I wonder when they will be full training the staff. From the fast turnaround on the cars, I would say they were

not doing a seat up/down each time the cars came to the station. Can not wait for opening day.