Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

(He who fits with ease now...and once did not...and is no one's idea of an Abercrombie model...more like Batesville...giggle...)

Seriously that is funny. My uncle use to order frequently from Batesville, the catalogs are just as amusing, just slightly more grim.

^

No it's not. There isn't a hill right after the 2nd hill silly.

Remember it banks to the left then up the 3rd hill.

Check out the animation..

EDIT: And another thing, if you think that's the 2nd hill, where's the lift at??

Dude, that's the second hill. The first hill is behind the camera. You can't see the 3rd hill because, as you stated, it vears off to the left.

I'm pretty sure that's the last bunny hill heading into the final helix (with the train on it) and the second hill (in the background). If you look at the diagonal supports, the hill in the first has one coming on from the left and the hill in the background has two coming from the right. Look at other pics and even the track layout diagram and you'll see the match.

Obviously I could be wrong but that's what I see.

^

No it's not. There isn't a hill right after the 2nd hill silly.

Remember it banks to the left then up the 3rd hill.

Check out the animation..

EDIT: And another thing, if you think that's the 2nd hill, where's the lift at??

Yes like I said the train is on the final bunny hop before the 2nd helix and in the background of the picture is the 2nd hill. The lift hill is behind the camera and the 3rd hill is out of frame past the top left corner.

I think you need to orient yourself and the picture will make more sense to you. Yes I am silly, but not wrong ;)

Drained splashdown...

emptysplash.jpg

I noticed there is a pile of rocks sitting near the splash down. You guys suppose that is for landscaping in and around the pool?

If it's the trail of rocks running down the side of the screen near Rivertown Junction then I think that's actually going to be an artificial stream running into the splashdown area. There are more rocks that are under the track before it enters the splashdown, which are there for scenery.

There are rocks being hauled to the area just behind the storage shed. Also, the queue perimeter railing appears to be going up and looks to be wooden ala Maverick. The entrance sign posts have also been stained to match the loading station.

They may be waiting for the splashdown to be completely dry, perhaps they will be painting or lining it. However that remains to be seen.

Shaggy

Drained splashdown...

emptysplash.jpg

I noticed there is a pile of rocks sitting near the splash down. You guys suppose that is for landscaping in and around the pool?

If it's the trail of rocks running down the side of the screen near Rivertown Junction then I think that's actually going to be an artificial stream running into the splashdown area. There are more rocks that are under the track before it enters the splashdown, which are there for scenery.

The rocks I was talkign about are out of frame in this picture. They are the one's that Shaggy is refering to behind the storage shed.