Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Today I would HATE to be out their working! I got back from track practice early just for the fact it starting hailing down in Kings Mills..

It is snowing up here in northern Ohio. Working on Diamnodback in there sonditions on April would be terrible. I know they had to work i worse weather but its April...

Looks like a train is being pulled out of the station for some possible testing today. Sorry, I did not get a pic of it before it switched views. I am surprised they are testing in this cold, but I guess they proabbly need to "test" in the cold, for they may have to run in these temps sometime in the season.

Was just looking at photo of queue area. Considering the demand for this ride, I am not sure it is big enough to prevent conjestion on the midway. The Raptor and MF queue areas look like they are 3-4 times the size. Also the more the line snakes back on the midway, the greater the chance of line cutting.

Was just looking at photo of queue area. Considering the demand for this ride, I am not sure it is big enough to prevent conjestion on the midway. The Raptor and MF queue areas look like they are 3-4 times the size. Also the more the line snakes back on the midway, the greater the chance of line cutting.

I also worry about that as well, but do keep in mind that the hourly capacity is 1,620. If you have been able to see it testing, it appears the second train starts to move into the station before the first train is completely on the lift. Also, with no seat belts to check, that ought to help as well. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Guest KINGSISLANDMASTER
I:angry: t Kinda Looks Like A Test Seat But Its In The Middle Of The Entrance Of The Ride!!!

Guest KINGSISLANDMASTER
I:angry: t Kinda Looks Like A Test Seat But Its In The Middle Of The Entrance Of The Ride!!!

Sorry About The Wierd Font

Raptor has huge capacity but on a busy Saturday its giant queue area is still usually filled up. I still don't think the queue area for Diamondback is going to be big enough.

You may be correct, but I'm willing to say that they will have temporary queues up for the first few weeks.

That's exactly where the test seat is for Maverick at Cedar Point. And that entrance sign also looks a bit like Maverick's sign (except with the Diamondback logo).

522718479_8105061d5e.jpg

Raptor has huge capacity but on a busy Saturday its giant queue area is still usually filled up. I still don't think the queue area for Diamondback is going to be big enough.

You may be correct, but I'm willing to say that they will have temporary queues up for the first few weeks.

DBwebcam2.jpg

For those who have ridden Behemoth, how well would a 6'5" male with a 42" waist fit in the seats? I wouldn't think there would be a problem, but I don't want to have to take a "walk of shame" on opening day.