Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Opening day is now within the 10-day forecast range, which is usually fairly close (though I've seen up to a 10° change before).

Weather Channel is currently calling for a high of 64° and a low of 44° with scattered showers. Chance of precipitation is 30%. The previous two days will be sunny but slightly colder. I'm hoping for cloudy and/or rainy but low winds.

I am almost afraid to make a joke about being smitten by the asp!

You absolutely crack me up... and often. Thanks!

I'm so impressed with the improvements to the park this year. Plus the recent addition of Firehawk... Ki, as good as it was before, has really gone up a few nothces. I don't like everything they do but, I'm thrilled with what CF has done with KI so far.

The last 2 opening days have been pleasant weather-wise. Not quite shorts weather but maybe a long sleeve T and jeans. I noticed KI is one of the first midwest parks to open for the season, so hopefully the weather Gods will be smiling for DB's opening day!

Thats what I'm talking about! I'd much rather have a warm sunny, maybe partly cloudy, opening day at Kings Island than gloomy. As long as the park isn't PACKED I will be happy. I don't mind crowds, but when the line for Adventure Express is all the way out into the midway, the park just isn't that fun....

Best of all is a morning where Diamondback ceremonies can be had in a bright sunny fashion, then a hard rain storm, with the rest of the day alternating between looking like it's going to rain and hard (but never does) and bright and sunny. You'd be surprised how many people will leave during that hard rain storm...and not come back. Of course, for the park and per caps, best of all would be a bright, bright, bright sunshiny day!

Best of all is a morning where Diamondback ceremonies can be had in a bright sunny fashion, then a hard rain storm, with the rest of the day alternating between looking like it's going to rain and hard (but never does) and bright and sunny. You'd be surprised how many people will leave during that hard rain storm...and not come back. Of course, for the park and per caps, best of all would be a bright, bright, bright sunshiny day!

Gee Terpy, a certain song seems to be stuck in your head today... and now it's in mine again. :lol:

The type of day you described would be my ideal opening day. Here's hoping for that!

I for one am in full agreement in what Interpreter said about the ideal PARK GOERS day... the sun and smooth sailing for the Opening Ceremonies, and then an intense rain followed by "iffy" skies... but NO lightning lol. I absolutely could not tolerate another "Black Saturday" which is what I will forever call the Kneivel jump day. I had had enough of those crowds by the time my Wife and I had been in the park for 10 minutes... which is why we only stayed about 45.

DB9.jpg

What could this concrete be for?

Rivertown.

If you look on the map, it shows little facade extensions from the corners of Rivertown Junction. I know the map isn't 100% accurate, but I don't see a reason why they were sketched in there if there's not going to be something there. With the queue going along side the restaurant, I'd hope they'd dress it up a bit. The backside of foodservice locations aren't typically very attractive.

Remember: Last fall, those at the Geauga Lake auction were told that the western storefronts and facades were being taken to KI for their new ride. I know it seems silly, but most of those were built like theatrical sets, so it is definately doable.