Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

I beat you by a few seconds with the link. From now on, when you post an article like that, it is helpful to post the link. I`m not sure what the resolution is on your monitor, but I certainly couldn`t read the article until I found it on their website!

The writer did write a lot more on the Indiana parks than SFKK and KI's portion. I realize this is the INDY Star not ACE writing the article. I would say the introduction of Diamondback is a lot more news worthy that IB's free park admission this year, but I might be partial to KI.

I will say though, IB is where I rode my first coaster (Galaxy) after being drug up to it by my parents with me crying and screaming. I got off and rode it again. I still really enjoy the park.

SO you did go out and buy one.

Do they still sell the 8gb i only see the 16 and 32 gb.

I am thinking of getting a new ipod shuffle there cool looking even though i already have a P2

Yes, they still sell the 8GB as far as I'm aware. Last time I was at Walmart they were selling it. Aslo, I personally don't like the new Shuffle. I think it is too small and it has virtually no buttons on it. I think Apple has finlly went too far on one of their products.

Well, the commercials that KI has been airing on both the radio and television the past few days have been making a big deal about the park opening April 18th, and being closed Sunday April 19th.

And yes, the local media can be quite horrendous at times. Yesterday, WCPO (Channel 9) had an article up where they said "considered" instead of what they intended to say which was "concerned."

Watching local news can be amusing.

"Today on Local Action News for You: The newest thrill at "The King Islands", "The Diamond is Back"...er, Diamondback, I should say, is coming to strike terror into the hearts of "tri-state," um..."Miami-valley," (dang!) "Inland Empire" thrill seekers of all ages! The 230-mile-high monster --er, feet-- will plunge divers -- riders, that is, over more than six giant hills of thrills --aw, there goes my toupé?--heh heh... :huh: Anyway, the bailout will...what the... Look, will someone please fire the teleprompter guy!?!?"

Back on Topic: I see ducks in the splashdown...I think? Or Canada geese...