Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

I am not sure if anyone would know this, but...

For the DB ERT on the 18th, will they just "sort" everyone out at the front gate. Those who have gold or platinum passes and are using them to get the ERT and those who just have regular admission tickets. Then allow the gold/platinum pass holders into the park to go to DB at 9:00am? That would make most sense to me...

Does anyone think that they will close the que line hours before the park closes so that people aren't riding really late Saturday night? Because I wont be able to make it up to the park until around 6 or 7, and I don't want to be locked out of the line.

If your in the line by the time the park closes, then you should be able to ride it.

Last year i got in line for SoB right at 1, but the ride broke down so we had to wait. We didn't leave Halloween Haunt till almost 3! :lol:

Is it April 18th yet?

No...but very soon. Very, very soon. In fact, only 7 more days, and they'll probably fly.

Flyer, who hopes time flies even faster than Diamondback.

Hope there no trims or breaks during these seven days.

Sorry couldn't resist

Edit 600th post

Actually, here in Mason, it is Spring Break this week, but I'm betting you were hoping for no Brakes.

Guest KINGSISLANDMASTER

Happy Easter Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep listening to your radios guys. On my drive home there was a ad for Diamondback First riders and how you could be one. Very interesting stuff. Opening day is close!

I heard a commerical on the radio yeasterday for Kings Island and I saw a commercial on TV yesterday for KI, which featured Diamondback.

My dad heard a radio commercial for Diamondback, and immediately called me to let me know about the t-shirts. I haven't heard radio ads for amusement parks before (of course, I've lived in the state that has great faces AND great places for 2.5 years), I guess it could get word out to a different audience. (i.e., people who don't spend multiple hours a day on KIC)

I still hope for misters and fans, the type Cedar Point has...with the massive, powerful round fans and the effective mist! Most of them oscillate.

Are those like the fans in Firehawk's line, or are they better up at Cedar Point.

Yes, but the ones at Cedar Point seem far more effective. Perhaps it is Lake Erie, or perhaps the ones up there have more powerful motors...

Does anyone think that they will close the que line hours before the park closes so that people aren't riding really late Saturday night? Because I wont be able to make it up to the park until around 6 or 7, and I don't want to be locked out of the line.

I don't think so,last year KD kept Dominator running for a good hour past closing when I went in july & they still had plenty of folks in the queue left to cycle through.I don't know if the KI ads are similar to the KD ones we've got here but it seems as if CF is taking the "six flags approach" this year by showing footage of other parks along with the park they're marketing....I saw one ad last night in which they were trying to pass off KBF's Ghost Rider as one of KD's coasters ughh.

Paramount Parks did the same thing...Rebel Yell was known to appear in Carowinds commercials, for example...the California Top Gun appeared in more than one ad for another Paramount Park...

Yeah just look at KD's website & you'll find a pic of CGA's top gun/flight deck on the right side.

You are not kidding about the bad Photoshop for Rage on Canada`s Wonderland site! They didn`t even try to remove the Eiffel Tower portion that was within the frame of the actual ride.

On the subject of the gold and platinum pass holder early ride times. Typically, they have the moveable metal barricades on one of the midways where they normally have ropes. In addition to the security guard, there will be an employee checking season passes and allowing those with platinum and gold passes to enter. Typically, the metal barricade is covered with a sign with the Gold Pass logo. The closer the park gets to opening, the harder it is to move past the non-gold pass holders to get up to where the gate and security guard are at.

You are not kidding about the bad Photoshop for Rage on Canada`s Wonderland site! They didn`t even try to remove the Eiffel Tower portion that was within the frame of the actual ride.

On the subject of the gold and platinum pass holder early ride times. Typically, they have the moveable metal barricades on one of the midways where they normally have ropes. In addition to the security guard, there will be an employee checking season passes and allowing those with platinum and gold passes to enter. Typically, the metal barricade is covered with a sign with the Gold Pass logo. The closer the park gets to opening, the harder it is to move past the non-gold pass holders to get up to where the gate and security guard are at.

I'm hoping they do something smart like Cedar Point did. Rather than having to push and shove your way through the people waiting for the rope drop, you go in over at the side by Demon Drop. There's never anyone there, so you don't have to push and shove. Then you walk around the sides of the buildings along the midway and right past non-passholders waiting for the rope drop without having to shove through them to get there. It was a very smart layout and led to zero frustration. I'm really hoping they do something like this at KI, like maybe over by Nick U where not as many people will be trying to get through.

The only problem I see with using the old season pass entrance is doesn't it let you in over by the Kings Island Theater? If so, you'd have to either mix back in with the non-passholders on International Street, or walk all the way around through Coney Mall to get to the ERT area.

The only problem I see with using the old season pass entrance is doesn't it let you in over by the Kings Island Theater? If so, you'd have to either mix back in with the non-passholders on International Street, or walk all the way around through Coney Mall to get to the ERT area.

Why? Go toward Delirium and double back toward International Street on the pathway past the Festhaus. You'll come out in the middle of International Street and be able to walk up toward the Eiffel Tower and go toward Diamondback with very little time spent going out of the way.

Flyer, who made several trips around through Coney Mall on a Beast walkback last year.