Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

The only problem I see with using the old season pass entrance is doesn't it let you in over by the Kings Island Theater? If so, you'd have to either mix back in with the non-passholders on International Street, or walk all the way around through Coney Mall to get to the ERT area.

Why? Go toward Delirium and double back toward International Street on the pathway past the Festhaus. You'll come out in the middle of International Street and be able to walk up toward the Eiffel Tower and go toward Diamondback with very little time spent going out of the way.

Flyer, who made several trips around through Coney Mall on a Beast walkback last year.

It depends on how much of International Street they have open. I haven't been there at park opening since when I worked there, so when I think of where they have the ropes, I remember them having them back behind the Eiffel Tower, so if they start doing it that way and opening shops such as the Emporium, then you'd end up back in the crowd if you go through Oktoberfest.

But I haven't been there at park open since 2003, so I honestly have no idea where they block it off now.

I've noticed on the webcam that there are spotlights near Diamonbacks splashdown, although I only see one. I didn't want to look through all the 481 pages, so i'm pretty sure someone has already noticed. I cant wait to ride Diamondback at night.

I haven't seen those but thanks for saying so! They'l probably be used to illuminate the supports at night, which will look really cool! probably like on silver bullet at Knott's (see below)

KnottsSilverBulletNight.gif

I've noticed on the webcam that there are spotlights near Diamonbacks splashdown, although I only see one. I didn't want to look through all the 481 pages, so i'm pretty sure someone has already noticed. I cant wait to ride Diamondback at night.

I haven't seen those but thanks for saying so! They'l probably be used to illuminate the supports at night, which will look really cool! probably like on silver bullet at Knott's (see below)

KnottsSilverBulletNight.gif

I hope it does a good job showing off the water spray, and that there are no spotlights past The Crypt. That would be too high of a potential for interfering with night rides on not only Diamondback, but Beast as well.

B&M highly value the total ride experience and I can't imagine them letting lights detract from it. If I remember right the lights on Raptor's cobra roll even turn off when the train passes.

Oh man this really got me thinking about night rides... anticipation is an evil and torturous joy!

I hope it does a good job showing off the water spray, and that there are no spotlights past The Crypt. That would be too high of a potential for interfering with night rides on not only Diamondback, but Beast as well.

Well the lights on MF didn't really bother me, they were actually really cool, but im pretty sure the lights on DB wont change colors, considering the lift supports are yellow, and the lift will more than likely be the only part of the ride with lspot lights, except for mabye the final helix, but imagine how cool the lift would look at night, especialy with the way the supports are all at different angles! Can't wait till Saturday! :lol:

B&M highly value the total ride experience and I can't imagine them letting lights detract from it. If I remember right the lights on Raptor's cobra roll even turn off when the train passes.

Oh man this really got me thinking about night rides... anticipation is an evil and torturous joy!

In my experience lights have never detracted from my ride experience. I think B&M could care less what a park decided to do with the lights. If there are lights on DB then it will be because KI put them there and not B&M. I think we will see something very similar to that picture Racerrider posted and the splashdown will definitely be lit up. You don't want the centerpiece to be in the dark.

You are close on Raptor. When the train gets to the cobra roll the lights that highlight the track turn off but then a bunch of strobe lights start flashing as the train rolls through. At least that what it used to do, CP has had issues changing light bulbs in the past.

I keep looking at the construction under the lift hill and am wondering if maybe people will be able to walk under the lift hill, not in the queue. I think that would be very cool, but it seems like that would only happen just behind the yellow building because there is a fence that goes around that little area.

^I think that's for maintenance, but not sure.

I think CF will do a great job with DBack. I love the way the splash-down is turning out and it will probably look even beter on saturday. I really hope they go with the lights in the picture I posted earlyer, string-lights like what are on Vortex and The Racer imo would look really tacky on this ride. I can't wait to see what DB adds to the park's skyline at night!

almostthere.jpg

The newer queue is taking shape.

Woops, posted this in Ride Warriors Thread on accident.

How far back past the lift hill is the queue going to go? It looks like it could stretch for quite a way back close to the little "waterfall" that will be feeding the splashdown.

It looks to me like the queue part is mostly the area up to about the second lift support, the "A" looking one. That area looks like it has switchbacks and railings.

Past that it looks to me like mantinence path, it's not as evenly paved and it doesn't have any fences.