Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Dare-to-fly we're talkin about DB here ... that's going to be some anticibliss! It might even bring out the antici'oh'face.

Anticipointment was riding Iron Draggin for the first time since I was a kid. I remembered it being just a little more intense.

Anticipointment was riding Iron Draggin for the first time since I was a kid. I remembered it being just a little more intense.

I've done that before. I'm really excited about riding a coaster that I haven't ridden for a while, get it all built up in my head as to how good it was, and then it doesn't live up to my expectations.

And I don't believe Diamondback will even hint at the word anticipointment.

Anticipointment was definitely SOB for me. I was obsessed with that coaster during the off season and went to the parking lot multiple times during construction to see that beautiful structure go up. I think I even shrugged off my first ride (which was about half-way through the season because of break-downs) as just a bad seat because I wanted to love it.

Backlot for me, I wasn't too much of an enthusiast then but I knew way more about coasters than the average guest. I was expecting it to have a powerful launch and a twisted layout with maybe even an inversion. But I was very disapointed after riding it, so I went across Coney Mall and rode another launched coaster that has all of the above!

Backlot for me, I wasn't too much of an enthusiast then but I knew way more about coasters than the average guest. I was expecting it to have a powerful launch and a twisted layout with maybe even an inversion. But I was very disapointed after riding it, so I went across Coney Mall and rode another launched coaster that has all of the above!

I held a grudge against that ride the moment I heard it was taking the place of the Eagles and Antique Cars.

Today was my WORST day of the week! I just got the news that I cant go to KI until 1 or 2!!! I have a Lacrosse Tournament! It would have been nice to know that much sooner!! :angry: Any ways if anybody decide to ride the Eiffel Tower at 11:00, I'll be past SOB in that field over there!(football field.) I kinda dislike coasters like Adventure Express or Backlot SC, they are fun to ride now, but people must have been dissapointed when those came out!

Today was my WORST day of the week! I just got the news that I cant go to KI until 1 or 2!!! I have a Lacrosse Tournament! It would have been nice to know that much sooner!! :angry: Any ways if anybody decide to ride the Eiffel Tower at 11:00, I'll be past SOB in that field over there!(football field.) I kinda dislike coasters like Adventure Express or Backlot SC, they are fun to ride now, but people must have been dissapointed when those came out!

Adventure Express disappointing?! I love that ride! Nothing disappointing about that ride!

I love Kings Island at dusk and night.

As do I. There's nothing quite like leaving the park through I Street with the music, lights, and the sound of the water in the fountains. The only thought in your head: "What a great day at the place I love."

Maybe its broken and no one will be able to ride it until next week! Hopefully it gets its kinks and hiccups in now and it will be running strong opening day!

Granted, I don't work for the park so I'm far from being there every day but I haven't heard any stories about major malfunctions with the ride. I think we all can be very confident that it will run as planned this weekend and throughout.

^ I know that I was just pulling everyone's leg!

Is anyone else dissapointed with the line?

I was wishing the line be more interactive with the ride.

Interactive how? The only parts of the ride "near" the station are the Splashdown and lift which the Queue line runs right up against. The only complaint I have about the queue line is that the coverings are exactly like Firehawk and don't provide shade for the entire line they cover. I know they are aesthetically more appealing but I think they should be going with functionality over appearance.

I am not sure how I am not a desginer. Trust me it won't hurt my opionon of the ride. Just a little over 2 days and many of us will be at the park. Its amazing at how fast this off season truely did go. It was slow at the time but no come to think of it Halloween Haunt seems like yesterday.