Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the waterfall looks really out of place with the splashdown? With the splashdown's perimeter being lined w/ rock, and then waterfall having mulch along its sides, I just think it looks really awkward and cheap. It doesn't seem to flow or seem remotely 'natural'. This wouldn't be an issue if they made the entire area lined w/ either rocks or mulch... just pick one!

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the waterfall looks really out of place with the splashdown? With the splashdown's perimeter being lined w/ rock, and then waterfall having mulch along its sides, I just think it looks really awkward and cheap. It doesn't seem to flow or seem remotely 'natural'. This wouldn't be an issue if they made the entire area lined w/ either rocks or mulch... just pick one!

I don't think it will look so out of place after the grass comes in. In fact I think it will look fantastic and I can not wait to see it in person.

Just looking at all the people on the ride and around it on the webcam makes me exited!

BTW- Does anyone thing that the webcam will stay on kiDiamondback.com for the rest of the season? Because Possessed (Dorney Park) didn't and just has a image.

Im going to be getting at the park about 8:30 - 8:45 depends on traffic. Then from there right to Diamondback. Hoping to wait about 1 1/2 hours. Then hopefully the line isn't over 2.5 hours Ill will wait again to ride towards the front of the train this time.

Then after that its whatever else. Hopefully The Racer one of my favs. I can skip the other rides until a later time. I think Saturday is suppoesd to be nice and sunny around 68 or so. I am expecting a full park but its its a round 25,000 guest I wont be disapointed.

^^Btw...can anyone confirm, perhaps employee stuntvolt who I see online, if the snake heads have the iris in their eyeballs yet??

I had been wondering the same thing tigellinus, but did not want anyone to post and get in trouble about giving non public info.

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I doubt that would be considered non public information, it's paint or a sticker, not a new attraction for 2010 or telling people that you've ridden the ride already. Two completely different things.

I am a safer than sorry type of guy... B)

I really hope that the view from the top of Diamondback is all that I would imagine it to be!

In the pictures it looks like its really not that high, but people have already said countless times that photos don't do it justice.

Wow, I've just noticed how little I've actually been on KIC! My avatar is still a Santa Claus hat! But its alright guys I'm back!

Well that could really turn into great expansion for the park in the future.

I hope KI doesn't expand right next to Diamondback. Maybe add more to Boomerang Bay by expanding it East towards Diamondback, but I would not like to see paths all around the ride.

Guest KINGSISLANDMASTER

Looks Like Everything Is Complete,Que Line Done,Entrance Done,Landscaping Done,Fencing Done.

Now We Must Wait 1 Day 14 Hours 5 Minutes 45 Seconds

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!

Ive asked this about 3-4 times already and hopefully I get an answer..

The ERT for Diamondback on opening day is taking place at 8:45... where exactly will the gold pass/platinum pass holders meet to walk back to Diamondback?