Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Anyway, I'd only be insulted if someone thought Nitro was boring AND they hadn't ridden it. Boring? If Nitro is boring, in my opinion, then Kings Island is a very small carnival with a dog and pony show!

Having ridden Nitro, Raging Bull, and Apollo's Chariot, I was only impressed with the last of the three. I can most certainly understand why others enjoy these rides; they are, without a doubt, amazing machines. But for some reason, first generation B&M mega coasters just don't seem to appeal to me.

Here's hoping Diamondback makes a believer out of me! :)

And Diamondback isn`t really a first generation B&M hyper. Goliath at SFoG, and Behemoth are two of their latest hyper coaster designs. From what I`ve heard, both coasters are incredible rides. And with Diamondback having the splash down ending, and the fact that the ride is built over and around KI`s midways and attractions and then goes out into the woods will surely help make Diamondback a very interesting and fun ride to experience.

Will some people not be happy with the experience of the ride when it opens? Sure. Some people like to complain about everything, even if there is nothing at all to complain about!

I'm glad that KI didn't use the layout that they normally do, with all the rides branching out from the midways like an Airport. Diamondback being built over and around stuff will help.

Actually the layout around a center, is thought to be more organized and easier to navigate for park guests. I personally hope that Kings Island continues the hub-spoke design as they expand in the future. And, really, Diamondback is very much off of the Rivertown spoke.

I dont really know what anyone would have to complain about in this situation because from all the B&M Hypers i have rode i have not had a bad experience at all with them. The trains are comfortable, bear in mind these trains are different than other ones, and it feels as if you are just floating over the tracks. They also provide mass amounts of airtime which i think everyone loves. The first drops on these coasters are insane as well, providing you with that feeling in your stomach that you can hardly get anywhere else. I also like the fact that Diamondback's first drop doesnt have that little dip where you go out onto a flat piece of track about 9 or 10 feet long and then start your descent. It just gets going and picks up from the top.

If you have never experience a B&M Coaster than you are seriously missing out. B&M's provide some of the best ride time on any coaster. From Alpengeist's bone chilling inverted ride, to Chang's awe-inspiring power to push you to the floor, and onto Behemoth's grip of power. There is something for everyone in a B&M. But what am i saying, my words do no justice to this ride in any way i am sure Diamondback will be much better.

B & M's are superbly built, engineered to tolerances like none other, and incredibly dependable. They are also not inexpensive, to put it mildly. Cedar Fair and Kings Island bought from the best. There is no reason to expect anything less than the best from Diamondback.

Terpy, who STILL prefers Nitro to any other B & M hyper, by far; but who has a feeling that may end in April 2009

Reading all these comments on B&M quality are hyping me, as this will be my first B&M ride.

Well with DB being your first B&M, you're going to be in for a WONDERFUL treat!

B&M is the smoothest, most comfortable ride you'll ever been on.

I, myself, haven't been on a B&M hyper. I've only been on a invert (Raptor), Stand up (Mantis) and floorless (Dominator).

So I will LOVE the straight drop down.