Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

That hammerhead turn looks awesome. What looks even more impressive, to me anyway, is the shear size of the supports for the final helix. It will definitely change the look and feel of the midway through there. Not to mention that the track will zip right over the cave entrance to the Crypt.

UPDATE: If you check out the webcam, there is a crane installing the crest of the eighth hill. The eighth hill is the one that goes directly over the Crypt`s queue line. Its too foggy to be able to tell what, if any, progress is being made out by the mid course brake run.

^^You're not riding Maggie correctly...

(ducks before the responses about how you shouldn't have to ride a coaster certain way to enjoy it!)

So what is the proper way? I've tried a couple of different ways, none seem to work.

^^Hold on to the lap bar from the bottom, palms up...that way has been money for me (6' with big legs) and my girlfriend (obviously a lot smaller).

Basically the back of your hands are shock absorbers, and your bootie can still easily fly off the seat.

The roughest of rides with the craziest of airtimes with the loosest of lap bars and seat belts in the ejector seat has resulted in being completely unscathed.

On a D-back note, the hammerhead looks so money, and Beast1979 can add Operator's Booth done to his track completion diagram!! ;)

Again, why do people assume stuff. That operators booth is NOT done. It is merely clad in plywood sheathing. I`d imagine that they will be placing some sort of finished material over the plywood substrate. Additionally, it appears as if they will place windows into those openings which are not yet in. So to say that the operator booth has been completed would be an erroneous statement at this point in time.

Yeah they might put some wiring or maybe some controls in there too but who knows, maybe they'll just use levers and string.

EDIT: I'm taking back this comment and feeling like a jerk as I realize that tigellinus was being sarcastic

I am so excited about so many elements on this ride.

RZ I've often had the same thought about the size of the supports (I realize there are larger ones but they aren't nearly as close...except TTD). Imagine (for those of us who havn't got to yet) just standing by them.

favlo0.jpg

OMG That is my 2nd favorite! But don't forget the second support after the splashdown, or the first drop support! :P

Well, we know at least one person who has a favorite trashcan at Great Adventure (and no, it is NOT Rolling Dumpster, tee hee). :)

What about Batman, the Dark Can? Or Great American Garbage Machine?

Jackson, who could get used to these puns.......

Uh, you mean the footing that they had disguised as a planter holder? Both of the footings that were on the midway on opening day (one right in front of the Antique Photo building, and the others by the Crypt lockers) were the ones that received the planters for most of the season (until some of them had to be relocated for closing weekend for support construction.