Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Oh, my. I can hear it now. Noise complaints. I hope not, but I can just hear them coming...even though these people bought beside Kings Island..."I never thought they'd put a ride there!"

Hah. I wouldn't complain if I lived there. That's the joy of living near an amusement park, IMO. The noise of riders and the roar of a coaster passing by.

I will let someone else here tell you what stops the Camden Park Haunted House cars...

http://www.mcflash.4000loavesanhour.com/sp...sy/trip_012.jpg

Took this photograph during a GREAT trip to Camden Park last Spring, if you haven't been to Camden, you should go:

I'd like to see him try and stop my car. He would have needed to have eaten his Wheaties that day, I tell ya.

I don't know Kawana, he was able to stop mine. Great photos of Diamondback btw! Thank you for sharing!

Oh, my. I can hear it now. Noise complaints. I hope not, but I can just hear them coming...even though these people bought beside Kings Island..."I never thought they'd put a ride there!"

If it was me, I'd be so distracted by the roar of the coaster and the screams of the thrilled riders, that after a few minutes I'd put my chores off until later (whenever that may be), and spend the rest of the day at the park. :lol: My house would NEVER be well kept if I lived next to an amusement park!

DSC_2607.jpg

That last one if from some neighborhood behind the park. Thought I was going to get a better angle, but I did not.

i wish i owned that house in that picture.

All the houses in that neighborhood were like that. Very nice indeed. I'm sure I didn't look suspicious at all with my camera. :lol:

If it was me, I'd be so distracted by the roar of the coaster and the screams of the thrilled riders, that after a few minutes I'd put my chores off until later (whenever that may be), and spend the rest of the day at the park. :lol: My house would NEVER be well kept if I lived next to an amusement park!

You might have a chance in the off season. :)

^ Looks as though the first helix is just about done. Nothing but the MCBR, second helix and the last piece before the final brake run to finish.

Speaking of which, there's obviously more to finish, but seeing as how the webcam offered something new just about every day with track/support placement I'm curious to see what the webcam will have in store once the track is complete.

Except for the fact that in addition to a fence along the property line, I`m sure that Kings Island has security patrolling the park year round, and 24/7 to make sure no intruders enter the park.

I have seen some security people in black uniforms at the nearby McDonalds early in the morning, with muddy boots, etc., apparently coming off the night shift. Not sure if they are for KI, but whoever they are, they sure look ready to keep high-value resources well protected!

Speaking of which, there's obviously more to finish, but seeing as how the webcam offered something new just about every day with track/support placement I'm curious to see what the webcam will have in store once the track is complete.

Landscaping, queue work, midway work, Splashdown work, oh yeah, adding trains to the track and testing!?! It might not be like Dec or Jan action, but stuff will still be going on, "and how" as Terpy would probably end with! ;)