Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

That is not a "ditch." That is just mud from tire tracks from equipment moving back and forth. The snow and ice in that area has been removed/mixed in with the mud from the construction traffic.

You didn't hear about the mote they are going to put around the station?

Oh my god!! That is so beautiful! It's going to take over the whole look of Kings Island! By the way ; stupid question; there is a portion of the coaster in those pictures that almost looks like a tunnel; but is that the brakerun?

Thanks!

Maria

That would indeed be the break run ^_^ .

new blog entry, even though it's about the "other site" i'm still going to post the link.

http://kiDiamondback.com/public/latest/blog/

Well, a lot people who are registered on one site, are usually registered on the other too. So I don't think people really mind if something like this is posted, I mean we are all obsessed with the same thing, Kings Island!

I am so pumped to ride this thing! I know I've seen it partially completed up close....and I've seen pictures of it completed, but I think the minute that I step foot into the parking lot and when I finally walk right up to it I'm going to be blown away. I'm sure the pictures don't do it justice! All of this crappy weather is really making me wish it was springtime!

~Ash

new blog entry, even though it's about the "other site" i'm still going to post the link.

Well, a lot people who are registered on one site, are usually registered on the other too. So I don't think people really mind if something like this is posted, I mean we are all obsessed with the same thing, Kings Island!

yea, i know, i too am registered on kiextreme, although i am extremely inactive over there.

quick question, in this picture:

http://kiDiamondback.com/public/latest/gal...ge&chip=463

why is there a wire running from the top of the support?

Wires have run from track and supports since the first supports were put up, I think to keep it stable untill they are done.

well that picture was taken after all track work was completed

Guest TombraiderTy

You made a good point, it's all with the same interest in mind. It is quite silly when people go fighting over multiple sites and whose site is the original, the better, or the bigger.

I think it is interesting how much closer we will be to the track of DB than any other coaster in the park. Most everything else has a fence around it, and you dont really walk under much of the track. Getting back to FOF and FH you have those nets under the track of The Racer.

^It does look like you will be very close to the track when walking to go through the entrance on The Crypt. Or are they going to be changing something with that?

I can only think of one other coaster where the park actually trusts the guest of the park with putting a coaster and path so close to each other. Griffon. I cannot believe that there isn't something where that bridge is where the coaster flies right under you after the first drop. An idiot could easily hurt someone on the coaster. But it does allow for a great picture op.

If I was standing at the Eiffel Tower.

Terpy is walking towards me from Coney Mall at 3 mph, and he has $12.00

Uncle Henry is in Rivertown walking towards me at 2 mph with $25.00

AND, Smurfy is running from zombies towards me from Great Wolf Lodge with $50.00

Which one will buy me a cup of coffee when they get to me?

AND, Smurfy is running from zombies towards me from Great Wolf Lodge with $50.00

None of them. They will all be out of money by the time they buy their own refreshments from those exhausing walks.

You've got the right Physics problem idea.

None of them. They will all be out of money by the time they buy their own refreshments from those exhausing walks.

You've got the right Physics problem idea.

I don't know about all that...I was just trying to get a free cup of coffee.

Sorry, I'm in "one of those moods" tonight....LOL

Its the same thing.

Is it? In one scenario, the nickel is traveling at a high rate of speed. The other scenario has the train traveling at a high rate of speed and the nickel at a much slower rate.

In both situations the train and nickel have the same relative velocity, meaning the same outcome of impact in both situations. It's elementary physics. <_<

Its the same thing.

Is it? In one scenario, the nickel is traveling at a high rate of speed. The other scenario has the train traveling at a high rate of speed and the nickel at a much slower rate.

In both situations the train and nickel have the same relative velocity, meaning the same outcome of impact in both situations. It's elementary physics. <_<

The outcome is the same, but the variables going into the experiment are not (as was said) "the same thing." That is simple scientific method. Physics and Science I am well aware of.

Flyer, who was just messing with their heads and now is also convinced that Terpy has had great influence on here.