Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

....More than likely weather will be the biggest factor. If the weather is right, I fully expect to be on one of the first-rider trains at 8:30 or 9:00, depending on how long the ERT is.

If you mean on the 18th, there will be no ERT that morning...the auction winners' ceremonial rides take place instead. Diamondback will open to the public thereafter.

Uh, no it is not. Not even remotely. MF has INTAMIN trains, which do have stadium seating but share little else in common with the B and M trains on Diamondback. Most obviously, the Diamondback trains are far wider...and people sit in them four abreast, with the front two side by side and the back two outside and behind the front two....see Behemoth, for an example...

http://www.rcdb.com/ig4005.htm?picture=28

http://www.rcdb.com/ig4005.htm?picture=27

Compare Millennium Force:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig594.htm?picture=22

Finally, there are no seatbelts on the Diamondback or Behemoth trains.

Those back seats are practically hanging off the side of the track! I remember back in early 2008 when people were questioning whether this was a smart move on B&M and Cedar Fair's part, obviously they worked out pretty well! I wonder if B&M will offer these trains on some of their other rides to some other chains such as Six Flags and Busch Entertainment?

Yeah I think the trains will help the thrill factor on Diamondback. The open air is what is going to freak me out. Millennium does a number on me being open air. However, the seat beat is what calms me there. Diamondback having no belts is going to triple the thrill for me.

Also, as a side note... anyone who attended the tours on Saturday sick? I have a terrible cold and now people are laughing because of me going down to KI when it was so cold. I guess it really is like Avatar put it on our walk out, "I guess this truly makes us enthusiasts!" I don't think at this moment IMO their could be a different definition.

Yeah I think the trains will help the thrill factor on Diamondback. The open air is what is going to freak me out. Millennium does a number on me being open air. However, the seat beat is what calms me there. Diamondback having no belts is going to triple the thrill for me.

Also, as a side note... anyone who attended the tours on Saturday sick? I have a terrible cold and now people are laughing because of me going down to KI when it was so cold. I guess it really is like Avatar put it on our walk out, "I guess this truly makes us enthusiasts!" I don't think at this moment IMO their could be a different definition.

Other than my back, which was hurting Friday night, I'm not sick. It generally takes a lot for me to get sick though.

I had a small cold before the day of the event, but walking out in the cold and rain did quite a number on me. I now have an intense and horrid cold, coughing, sneezing, head congestion, the whole shabang.

This acually is the first time I've used Vicks 44. It's amazing!

If you mean on the 18th, there will be no ERT that morning...the auction winners' ceremonial rides take place instead. Diamondback will open to the public thereafter.

I certainly hope they still have the ERT on The Beast that morning. I had expected no ERT on Diamondback because of the auction winners rides, and hope for at least a little ERT.

Not to be confused with RCDB...or SBNO...or any other of the hundred million acronyms we have running around...

Not to mention our discussions about DB, which is near the former TR:TR in Rivertown which is near NU, which is to the right of the ET in KI, which is near NU! Also the discussions about ERT!

:P

What's really scary about all that is it made sense, even though I can speak a different language:

We stopped at WaWa on the way to GAd, then rode RT, ET, KK and Doosa, BTR, SM and even stopped by that new thing, TDK, a few rode S:UF or GASM...some of our group went over to enjoy HH, and the rest of us left to stop at the KFC on the way back to the pike.

What's really scary about all that is it made sense, even though I can speak a different language:

We stopped at WaWa on the way to GAd, then rode RT, ET, KK and Doosa, BTR, SM and even stopped by that new thing, TDK, a few rode S:UF or GASM...some of our group went over to enjoy HH, and the rest of us left to stop at the KFC on the way back to the pike.

I only picked up on Great Adventure, El Toro, Kingda Ka, Batman The Ride, Superman : Ultimate Flight and Great American Scream Machine... and of course Kentucky Fried Chicken.

But I guess that's okay considering I've never been.

I only picked up on Great Adventure, El Toro, Kingda Ka, Batman The Ride, Superman : Ultimate Flight and Great American Scream Machine... and of course Kentucky Fried Chicken.

WaWa I think is a gas station. RT is Rolling Thunder, Doosa I can't figure out, SM is Skull Mountain and TDK is The Dark Knight.

WaWa I think is a gas station. RT is Rolling Thunder, Doosa I can't figure out, SM is Skull Mountain and TDK is The Dark Knight.

I had to look up the rest. Doosa is Medusa.

And WaWa is the fanciest, most wonderful convenience store chain I've ever seen! :) Only some of them have gasoline, and the one by Great Adventure does. GAd also has its own gas station!

HH is Hurricane Harbor, the waterpark.

The pike is of course The New Jersey Turnpike.

There is a better gas station/convenience store than Sheetz? I refuse to believe it.