Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Im glad to see they are staining the wood a darker color. Now it will match the sidding on the bottom of the station and will fit much better with the other buildings in Rivertown.

This is true, two good points here. Hadn't thought about the sidding at the bottom.

maybe someone should pop him and email asking why they did this??

don.Helbig@visitkingsisland.com

Im sure he is dealing with alot right now. They may be doing this for a reason and maybe not. You know somethings are worth waiting for. And while waiting we have more great and different views of the park. Be patent my friends :) If there is something going on we will find out in due time. In the mean time sit back and enjoy the views of the park!

If I was KI, I would not want the world watching the very first run of the coaster in case there were issues. They don’t want people getting scared that it is not safe to ride. I bet once they have a few days of testing and fill everything is OK, they will pan the cams back over for us.

I emailed Don Helbig and didnt expect anything back but he emailed me right away.

Cory,

Please be advised that Diamondback has not been testing. Nobody has missed anything. Testing is scheduled to begin in a matter of days. An exact date and time has yet to be determined.

Sincerely,

Don Helbig

Area Manager, Public Relations

Kings Island

Stephanie,

We are not testing Diamondback, as the rumor mill suggests, because of the webcam angles

today. We're doing a webcam test to see what angles in the park we can

showcase this summer.

Don

I did email him, There were other subjects I had needed to ask him about but did bring up the webcams. I edited my email but this is the part about testing and cams. :)

Stephanie,

We are not testing Diamondback, as the rumor mill suggests, because of the webcam angles

today. We're doing a webcam test to see what angles in the park we can

showcase this summer.

Don

I did email him, There were other subjects I had needed to ask him about but did bring up the webcams. I edited my email but this is the part about testing and cams. :)

That is a cool idea. I realize the cams are mounted wrong for this, but how about one pointing at the parking lot to see how full it is before coming. HA!