Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

You guys are wayyyyyyy to dissapointed. Come on, it will be testing EVERY DAY till opening day! You guys are crestfallen because you didn't witness the first one via webcam?

First is first...that's why the park is not auctioning off chances to be the first to ride on the SECOND day of Diamondback's operation...it's just not the same.

I'm not trying to gloat about what I witnessed today, but I can say that the machine glided smoothly across the tracks and sounded extremely powerful! Not one hiccup throughout the circuit! I cannot wait to see and hear it up close!

~Josh

Many moons ago, someone said they can't wait to hear the signature B&M roar at Kings Island. I absolutely LOVE that sound, and can't wait for the chills it always gives me when I hear it at my home park for the first time. :D

It was me and I was imagining it in my head all day yesterday. I can only imagine the power and force we'll feel standing near that first drop!!!

It was me and I was imagining it in my head all day yesterday. I can only imagine the power and force we'll feel standing near that first drop!!!

I went and watched the Raptor POV just so I could hear a B&M roar again. Then I got to missing CP so I watched the Magnum POV. Listening to the signature sound of Magnum's chain lift and not riding it was like a knife twisting in my heart. I have my days where I'm fine, but right now with DB doing test runs and I'm not there to see it, the off season is really getting to me. :(

I went and watched the Raptor POV just so I could hear a B&M roar again. Then I got to missing CP so I watched the Magnum POV. Listening to the signature sound of Magnum's chain lift and not riding it was like a knife twisting in my heart. I have my days where I'm fine, but right now with DB doing test runs and I'm not there to see it, the off season is really getting to me. :(

I did the exact same thing... in that order. I never did watch Mantis but I got stuck watching Maverick. I kinda forgot how much I love that thing. I'll never forget how mucch I love Raptor. I rode it 8 times (in under an hour, by the way) in a row on a dead day last year and didn't even get tired of it.

I am really thinking DB has a chance of being my favorite coaster. I absolutely love B&M's.

Oh speaking of low res cell phone goodness today might be a good time to tryout streaming video from my phone via qik.com. If DB is testing when I'm down in Cinci today I'll post my link

Great thinking. Qik is a fantastic service. It's a shame Apple won't approve it in the App Store. Good thing there's jailbreaking :).

I was fortunate enough to receive a cell phone image of a train at the top of Diamondback's hill, pretty bad resolution, not really worth posting. Pretty exciting it made it's first run though.

Who cares about the bad resolution. A picture is a picture. I would post it just to give everyone a sight of what it looks like :)

So... pretty please post it :D