Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Well, it looks like they may actually be staining the wood on the station and not painting it.

Secondly, some fountains (obviously not the ones at KI) are ran during the winter months. When the temperature gets cold enough, they turn more into ice sculptors than fountains.

But I agree they want to fill the pond soon to test the reaction with the cars and the splashdown.

There is no need to test the reaction with the cars and the splashdown,. While the water will slow the train down, it will not be noticed by the naked eye or be able to be felt on the ride. It is more for show effect than an actual brake such as a splash down on a flume type ride.

Sure, but only after it was sped up by going up a big hill for the express purpose of coming down the other side and doing a splash down. Originally, this was just for show, as well, and most people escaped dry from most log flumes, until the introduction of the dreaded (by some) pachyderm at Mason. There were, of course, noted exceptions, like the Barr Engineering flume at LeSourdsville Lake, known for totally drenching its riders with its rapids like features...at one point during the ride, the logs apparently ducked under a long section of water, and the riders were literally soaked!

That set of forums is made up largely of kids who haven't experienced Behemoth, much less Goliath at Six Flags Over Georgia. The more mature and travelled Great Adventurites mostly frequent the other site I cited. I'd not be too excited, or impressed, by that "my home park is always best" viewpoint. Many of us know better. It may be, often isn't and varies from situation to situation.

I'm a HUGE Nitro fan. I can't wait for Diamondback. Eight years later.....B and M has learned a lot since 2001. It will definitely be a superb ride.

^ We can hope, but this is the third time I have seen it move over today. The other two, no train was brought back over.

*Edited for better explanation of what I meant

I was about to reply touché, my friend, but I see them moving a train over now!

Maybe they are cleaning it so they can paint it a nice blueish color.

Yeah I hope they do something like that. Either paint it blue or dye the water so you can't see the concrete.

I think it would be sweet if they had black water that looked like large dangerous creatures were swimming in it.

Maybe it's just me.. but has it crossed anyone's mind that raptorcp21 may not be fluent in the English language, or possibly has a mental deficiency? That and his/her username has to do with CP.. which is a melting pot of races and countries. I've met several people who worked up there that speak broken English or have a thick accent. I've read all of raptor's recent posts, and I cannot assume anything, but it does not appear that he/she is purposely causing problems.

I understand those of you who are trying to help with the forum rules, but those of you who are getting a kick out of making fun of this person are more annoying than the posts they have been making.

Has anyone else noticed from the posted pictures here and at kiDiamondback.com that there are several spots where the paint has already flaked off from the track? It doesn't look like your typical wear marks from the wheels either, they are big flakes like the paint didn't adhere properly. I can't seem to find the pictures where it shows detail of the flaking but the picture below above both supports shows what appears to be missing paint.

Diamondback%20022709%20066.jpg