Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Kind of a stupid question, but I'll go for it. Do you think they will test DB at night? I don't think it's one of the tests they must do, but when they opened Firehawk they did test at night. I only know that because I was helping set up the on-ride photo booth.

Sure, why not? I'm not 100% certain if they HAVE to test it at night, but I could see them doing it.

What I like about that video is the way it put the second drop into perspective. It definitely falls a good 20 feet into the ravine, which is where the top speed is reached, I think. That drop may be pleasantly surprising.

I think the second drop looks steeper and scarier than the first drop.

40196245.jpg

If you look at the right side of the splashdown it looks like they have extended that artificial waterway that runs under the bridge in Rivertown.

stream.png

The stream would block off access to the lift area for maintenance vehicles, if the stream went all the way to the bridge.

^Firehawk is completely in the grass, so i think out maintenance guys don't need a path under the lift hill that's only a few yards from the midway......they DO use the catwalks for maintenance, don't they?

Firehawk has asphalt roads beneath it for maintenance vehicles as well as sections over gravel, not just grass.

I wonder where the famous picture taking spot is going to be on Diamondback. Like this is the famous spot to take a pic from on the Eiffel Tower.

http://www.KICentral.com/photos/displayima...um=46&pos=1

You mean where the spot will be to take pics OF Diamondback? Because I'm pretty sure no one will be taking (legal) pictures ON the ride because of the camera policy. I would assume the Eiffel Tower will be a hot spot for shots of DBack, as well as directly under the initial drop and helix. It appears that one could get many good shots of the lift, drop, helix, splash, and woods from that one spot.

I wonder when they are going to finish painting the station? I am guessing they are not going to leave it half and half? HA! :lol:

Looks like I spoke to soon. They are painting on the station right now in the cam. I would post a pic, but photobucket is down for maintenance right now.

I wonder where the famous picture taking spot is going to be on Diamondback. Like this is the famous spot to take a pic from on the Eiffel Tower.

http://www.KICentral.com/photos/displayima...um=46&pos=1

You mean where the spot will be to take pics OF Diamondback? Because I'm pretty sure no one will be taking (legal) pictures ON the ride because of the camera policy. I would assume the Eiffel Tower will be a hot spot for shots of DBack, as well as directly under the initial drop and helix. It appears that one could get many good shots of the lift, drop, helix, splash, and woods from that one spot.

Don't forget the Crypt's exit walkway.

Entrancearea.jpg

The entrance area is starting to take shape. You can see the queue lines layout. It looks like it enters kind of by where the exit drops off, then goes through the switchbacks, then makes it's way under the lift, turns left and goes up stairs to the station. Also I can't totally tell but it almost looks like there is a rail diving some of the queue line by the ramp, so maybe there will be a single riders line?

One train is in the station, and I see one in the train shed, so I think they're testing one.

EDIT: Testing one train!

It was stated previously in this thread and If I remember right it was about 20%. It's there for looks not for breaking.

I didn't say I thought it was there for braking, just curoious about the effect on the speed of the train that is all.

It was stated previously in this thread and If I remember right it was about 20%. It's there for looks not for breaking.

I didn't say I thought it was there for breaking, just curoious about the effect on the speed of the train that is all.

Let us hope that it is not there just to break, or even used for breaking that would be bad.

Let's just hope that it is in fact there to brake the train's speed!

I didn't say I thought it was there for breaking, just curoious about the effect on the speed of the train that is all.

Let us hope that it is not there just to break, or even used for breaking that would be bad.

Let's just hope that it is in fact there to brake the train's speed!

OH, I guess my brain was taking a break from the word braking.... :o Thanks!