Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

^^ Agreed. It will really make for a great picture to capture the splashdown and rockwork in the background.

Not sure if this has been touched on, but does anyone know why they removed the "Beast Plaza" view from the webcam? I'd love to see what's going on in that area.

But at the same time, DBs isn't interactive with a walkway like Griffon or Skeikra. Aesthetically, DBs is definitely better.

But I really do like the look of Sheikra's splash area. And look at all the kids (and adults) having a blast!

I feel the same. It really is a cool thing. For the same reason, I really like the bleachers by the launch on TTD even though I've never sat in them. It's just neat when spectators can be a part of the ride.

DB's splashdown is just a different game. People will love watching it and I don't wish that they would change a thing about the setup. It will be a gorgeous area that draws spectators and for people to get wet they would have to add a lot of concrete to the area and I think that would be regrettable.

I do not know much about the world of coaster testing, but I would think they will test DB with real people instead of water dummies prior to letting the public ride it, correct? Is there an idea of when testing such as this would take place? If the coaster is running as well as has been reported, I would think it would be soon.

I do not know much about the world of coaster testing, but I would think they will test DB with real people instead of water dummies prior to letting the public ride it, correct? Is there an idea of when testing such as this would take place? If the coaster is running as well as has been reported, I would think it would be soon.

Many, many, many cycles are required to be run before people are allowed to ride. After the required number of cycles has been completed, and the Ohio Department of Agriculture completes its inspection and clears it for riding, only then will people be allowed to ride. KI will not take the risk of anyone riding before this time, as the penalties, I would assume, would be quite severe.

Back in the day I was lucky enough to ride several rides before they opened to the public, but that was only after the required number of cycles and the state inspection. They will most likely let a very select few ride before April 18th, but I cannot say for sure.

Many, many, many cycles are required to be run before people are allowed to ride. After the required number of cycles has been completed, and the Ohio Department of Agriculture completes its inspection and clears it for riding, only then will people be allowed to ride. KI will not take the risk of anyone riding before this time, as the penalties, I would assume, would be quite severe.

Back in the day I was lucky enough to ride several rides before they opened to the public, but that was only after the required number of cycles and the state inspection. They will most likely let a very select few ride before April 18th, but I cannot say for sure.

Thanks for the quick answer!

Has anyone other than myself noticed that they have added netting on the side of the track from the back of the station to the beginning of the final brake run? If you look at the first picture on the Diamondback website, you can see what Im talking about.

Edit:

readImageasp-6.jpg

I also caught this pic where you can see a blurry Beast Canyon

^I havn't caught that yet on DB but I remember on Griffon they also had those nets under the final brake run all the way to the station. There were lots of lost items under the run I guess because people think it's ok to take out their personal items even when they aren't off the ride yet and they drop them.

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! WRONG!

Some people have in fact ridden Diamondback, the Ohio Department of Agriculture rules only apply to the General Public, and not to employees of the park/ contractors, etc.

Some people have in fact ridden Diamondback, the Ohio Department of Agriculture rules only apply to the General Public, and not to employees of the park/ contractors, etc.

He's right. I know several people personally who have already ridden Diamondback. Some of whom are very close to me. In addition teenageninga and I were among the first park personel to ride IJ when it opened in 05 long before the public was given the chance to ride.

Hey, you may have a point here and you may be able to back it up, but just because the minimum age to post on these forums is 13 doesn't mean you have to act that way. ;)

I would just like to remind people that there is a public auction going on for the first ride on Diamondback. Also If you work for the park, there is such a thing as privileged information. In other words: How would you like it if you paid $3,000 to be the first to ride and come to find out that some one has ridden before you. Employee or not it does and will affect what people think. I would not be happy if I was Don.

Wording does not matter much, just what people perceive. For instance: I was able to ride Firehawk on Tuesday and received a T-shirt. Well that shirt was going to be saved until I found out that 2 weeks later you could buy one. The shirt did not mean any thing then. This is the same, it's special until you find out that it's not.

Careful wording to express technical truths that sound like something else just annoys people. To no end. The point of the matter is that any humans who have ridden Diamondback at this point did so under promise of confidentiality. A promise that has apparently been broken. There should be consequences, and they should be severe. That's the way such things are normally dealt with. Heaven knows there are plenty of people available who will keep in confidence that which should be.