Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

^I did not intend on beating anyone's video. I just live very close and wanted to get some footage. No one can beat in park footage where no one else can get.

Hey, I enjoyed the video. I must admit however that, as Delorean Rider stated, since we have in-park footage standing out in the cold in the parking lot is just an Extreme waste of time.

Oh, really? Are you one of those people who think it is a complete waste of time to go to a Super Bowl when you can see it on the telly in comfort?

Standing in the cold in the parking lot to SEE Diamondback in action is certainly a better thing for many than seeing ANY video of it.

Next thing you know, will you be telling us there is no need to ride it as someone on the staff of KICentral has, so riding it yourself is just an "Extreme waste of time?"

Terpy, just sayin'

goofywdw,

Thank you for the video...it was fun to watch. There hasn't been too much to talk about for the last day or so...so your video came at a great time. Also, thank you for even having the desire to do this...after all, you really don't know most of us posters personally...so it is nice that you still care enough to do this.

Next thing you know, will you be telling us there is no need to ride it as someone on the staff of KICentral has, so riding it yourself is just an "Extreme waste of time?"

Interpreter, thank you for posting this...I don't think most people would have had the courage...including myself.

Well, the park has to test all the rides every spring before they open to ensure that everything is operational after the offseason rehabs. Not to mention that the Department of Agriculture will be visiting the park to inspect the rides and approve them to be opened to the general public. So not only will Drop Tower be testing, but so will every other ride in the park.

Well, the park has to test all the rides every spring before they open to ensure that everything is operational after the offseason rehabs. Not to mention that the Department of Agriculture will be visiting the park to inspect the rides and approve them to be opened to the general public. So not only will Drop Tower be testing, but so will every other ride in the park.

Well i know that but what im trying to say is, have they started testing all the other rides already?

Um...my sister just called me and said she saw Drop Tower testing. Could this be true? :blink:

Well seeing as that the park opens in just a bit more than a month, I can bet on it that they're testing ALL of their rides. Not all the attention goes to the new coaster lol.

Um...my sister just called me and said she saw Drop Tower testing. Could this be true? :blink:

They were indead testing DT yesterday. They only actually lifted the ride gondola once but they played with the purple lift mechanism (don't know the real name for it) from 11ish till at least 1:30 when I left the area.

They were indead testing DT yesterday. They only actually lifted the ride gondola once but they played with the purple lift mechanism (don't know the real name for it) from 11ish till at least 1:30 when I left the area.

Yes I noticed that they raised the purple mechanism (I too do not know the name) and asked myself if that had been up all off season and I'm pretty sure it hasn't.

Thank you to all who enjoyed my video! And I couldn't have really filmed it at a different angle unless I went over towards the Lazer Kraze parking lot or went into the employee parking lot. Which I probably could have done seeing that I have my employee ID now but I didn't want to risk getting into trouble.

EDIT: Caught a picture of the splashdown.

picture3f.png

I likt that video and all but why would you take it from that angle?

Why does it matter? I think the video turned out nicely. Thanks for sharing Goofy and for taking the time to go get it. A couple weeks ago I was driving home from school and coming down I-71, looked to my left and saw it running. Even if you're outside the park, seeing it from the angle goofy showed gets you very excited!

Oh, really? Are you one of those people who think it is a complete waste of time to go to a Super Bowl when you can see it on the telly in comfort?

Standing in the cold in the parking lot to SEE Diamondback in action is certainly a better thing for many than seeing ANY video of it.

Terpy, just sayin'

What I'm saying is that there's a video on the internet that shows the ride from up close, so standing out in the parking lot in the cold, wind and rain to catch a video of it cresting the tops of the hills just seems groundless to me. Then again, I may have been one to stand out in the passenger pickup area in the freezing cold in my younger years.

Interpreter, thank you for posting this...I don't think most people would have had the courage...including myself.

Interpreter just kind of does whatever he wants. We tolerate it. :P

I just noticed all of the lights hanging off of the station and some heading down the exit ramp. The ares is starting to get its feel! I can't wait to start seeing the queue start to take shape too.

I have a question though because I'm not really sure what the line will look like. You see how there are 2 little parts of concrete sticking out of the big massive slab of concrete? Is the one on the right right next to the end of the exit going to be the entrance and the little part of concrete sticking out on the left going to continue under the lift the up the stairs into the station?

EDIT: Bright!

picture1bca.png