Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Although Diamondback's auction is going great,

I feel kinda sorry for Make-A-Wish which Carowinds new coaster, Carolina Cobra, is supporting.

http://ncrideforwishes.kintera.org/faf/hom...p?ievent=307160

Doesn't look like the new coaster is getting much action.

Not surprising seeing that it is only a relocated Boomerang with new trains. However the new trains do look pretty cool.

A bit off topic, but I am kind of confused about the queue set up. It looks to me like concrete still needs to be poured for the portion that goes underneath the actual ride. I thought about the current set up and this is the best scenario that i could come up with.

lineexp.jpg

The black line indicates the main rider line while the orange line could be a wheelchair accessible point since there are stairs in the main queue. The blue line would then indicate riders that are just exiting ride and get dumped into the gift shop. This scenario would also stop from clusters forming when riders get off the ride and try to quickly get back in line. Again, this is what makes sense to me but if anybody knows anything different please feel free to make corrections.

Okay, here's the actual route of riders when entering and exiting the ride:

Your black line with the arrowhead shows the entrance to the queue. After wrapping back and forth several times in the queue, the rider comes back out of the queue (against the arrow) and up into the station via the orange line. The blue line is the exit from the station. All riders will exit through the merchandise shop. Your piece of black line with the right angle goes nowhere. There is nothing under the station for guests as it is a restricted area.

I hope this clears it up a bit.

^^Actually, it doesn't as the prevailing notion was there were TWO exits....

So...if that has been changed (as per ol' Joey), once again, Tiggy is right!!!!

Not that I'm gloating! B)

I stand partially corrected... okay, mostly corrected. The black line with the right angle is a continuation of the queue line, which psses under the lift and enters the station on the other side. But there is only ONE exit, and it is the blue line. The orange line is the handicapped entrance.

So you can gloat somewhat.

^ I'm just glad that if you want to re-ride then you won't have to walk all the way around like you do on Maverick, even escaping out of the quick exit just shy of the gift shop. It takes forever to re-queue on that ride!

^ I'm just glad that if you want to re-ride then you won't have to walk all the way around like you do on Maverick, even escaping out of the quick exit just shy of the gift shop. It takes forever to re-queue on that ride!

It is good exercise though!! :rolleyes:

A bit off topic, but I am kind of confused about the queue set up. It looks to me like concrete still needs to be poured for the portion that goes underneath the actual ride. I thought about the current set up and this is the best scenario that i could come up with.

lineexp.jpg

The black line indicates the main rider line while the orange line could be a wheelchair accessible point since there are stairs in the main queue. The blue line would then indicate riders that are just exiting ride and get dumped into the gift shop. This scenario would also stop from clusters forming when riders get off the ride and try to quickly get back in line. Again, this is what makes sense to me but if anybody knows anything different please feel free to make corrections.

Okay, here's the actual route of riders when entering and exiting the ride:

Your black line with the arrowhead shows the entrance to the queue. After wrapping back and forth several times in the queue, the rider comes back out of the queue (against the arrow) and up into the station via the orange line. The blue line is the exit from the station. All riders will exit through the merchandise shop. Your piece of black line with the right angle goes nowhere. There is nothing under the station for guests as it is a restricted area.

I hope this clears it up a bit.

Actually, I'm willing to wager that you enter the queue right where you said but then cross beneath the lift hill to the East side of the station where you will ascend the stairs up to the station. If you notice, the stairs have two lanes. I'm guessing that is to have one for the regular line and one for single riders...similar to Maverick's queue line....should they chose to exercise that option. Recently, Mr. Helbig said that was something they were considering but didn't mention if it was definite at the winter blues party. The exit ramp you guys have seen before....kind of....you just flew right over it. If you follow this drawing I bet you exit down the blue line into the gift shop, while the orange line will be a ramp for guests using the Attractions Boarding Pass. Most likely there will be a greeter out front, just like they have it set up at Firehawk! :)

Just my observations, hope that makes some sense.

-KM

EDIT: I just realized Big Whitey said the exact same thing, I didn't realize old Joe had quote Whitey. My apologies. I was agreeing with Old Whitey. :)

^^Well, what do you expect with all their darn Intamin restraints!?!

You'd have to be a freakin' Abercrombie model to fit on any of those trains!!

Tiggy, being only slightly sarcastic

Oh, my. Oh, my my my.

You have made Terpy very, very, very happy.

(He who fits with ease now...and once did not...and is no one's idea of an Abercrombie model...more like Batesville...giggle...)

^^Well, what do you expect with all their darn Intamin restraints!?!

You'd have to be a freakin' Abercrombie model to fit on any of those trains!!

Tiggy, being only slightly sarcastic

Wow, I should be a model! I only weigh 102 lbs. and I'm 5ft. 4in. and 15, that is pretty slim!