Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

I:angry: t Kinda Looks Like A Test Seat But Its In The Middle Of The Entrance Of The Ride!!!

That's exactly where the test seat is for Maverick at Cedar Point. And that entrance sign also looks a bit like Maverick's sign (except with the Diamondback logo).

522718479_8105061d5e.jpg

I actually think DB's sign looks better than Maverick's! I can't wait guys....only a few more days! :D

~Ash

For those who have ridden Behemoth, how well would a 6'5" male with a 42" waist fit in the seats? I wouldn't think there would be a problem, but I don't want to have to take a "walk of shame" on opening day.

Height won't be an issue at all. I'm 6'3" and I can't even put my feet on the floor of the car. Waist is also not the main concern with these restraints. Its more about your thighs. Because of that fact, I would just have to recommend trying out the test seat before you get in line. Seeing as the line will most likely be way out of the entrance, I would suggest going to the entrance and trying the test seat before you wait however long just to get to the entrance to the que.

^^Failing to clear TTD's top hat, and rolling back down the verticle launch track backwards.

For those who have ridden Behemoth, how well would a 6'5" male with a 42" waist fit in the seats? I wouldn't think there would be a problem, but I don't want to have to take a "walk of shame" on opening day.

Height won't be an issue at all. I'm 6'3" and I can't even put my feet on the floor of the car.

I'm 6'2" and can easily touch Behemoth's train floor with the front of my foot. My 6' girlfriend could not, however.

6'5", 42" will fit fine on D-back, but I'm not guaranteeing you'll have a ton of extra space from the lower torso to the front of the clamshell restraint (which is obviously how you maximize airtime). But like I said, you'll fit fine...the difference is like riding El Toro if you weigh under 200 lbs. vs. 200+...they are different experiences.

I also disagree some about the thighs...I never could bust out a tape measure to determine dimensions, but it truly seemed to me that Behemoth's seats were a lot deeper than any of the other 1st or 2nd generation B&M hypers.

^Wow the two areas do look very similar.

I just noticed your signature! 21 Rollbacks on TTD!?!?! Lucky!

lol... What's a rollback???

EDIT: ^ Beat me to it :)

When the car doesn't make it over the top of the hill and rolls back the opposite direction.

I'm anticipating my first ride on DB, but one thing keeps bothering me: if there are no seatbelts, and the only restraint is that aerodynamic-looking lap thing, how confident can I be that the 'restraint' won't disengage mid ride, sending me tumbling off into the verdant, lush foliage of our beloved Little Miami Valley?

^^How confident can you be your ferris wheel pod won't fall off, or how confident can you be some hyperactive Kings HS teen won't side-swipe you on N. Columbia pulling out of CVS?

I mean, life in itself is an inherit risk, especially as is riding anything at a theme park.

I'm anticipating my first ride on DB, but one thing keeps bothering me: if there are no seatbelts, and the only restraint is that aerodynamic-looking lap thing, how confident can I be that the 'restraint' won't disengage mid ride, sending me tumbling off into the verdant, lush foliage of our beloved Little Miami Valley?

Riding a rollercoaster is a heck of a lot safer than crossing the street. And look at how many people are killed in automobile accidents. Believe me, I would be more worried about that ride to and from the amusement park than being hurt on a ride.

The same restraints are used on other B&M Hypers, and as far as I know there haven't been any accidents due to the restraint coming open. I'm sure there are safety locks built into the restraint design so that if the initial "locking" mechanism fails, there is an emergency lock.

^^Although, I admit that I have experienced SFGAdv be very blase before with their restraint checking on Nitro, especially when they try to run 3 trains without any stacking...their hustling often results in a mere tap of the clamshell. During such times, I've been able to have a ridiculous amount of space from the lapbar, where one time I swear on that pre-helix left bank drop I felt like I easily could have slipped out had I really tried! But when you try to get loose from a restraint, at that point it doesn't really matter what coaster you're riding!

Just going back through the pictures and images of Diamondback and the fencing around the ride site looks great. Really fits the ride and feel of Rivertown. I wonder if it will be left natural or stained to match the station.

Then again I wouldn't expect anything less from Ashlee Fence.

meow.jpg

In the green circle, it looks like there is a small pond or a random thing of gravel.

In the Blue circles, these people are in the queue line and exiting the ride, maybe just ridden?

In the orange circle, is that part of the queue?

And In the yellow circle, does anyone know whats going on there?

Guest KINGSISLANDMASTER
I:angry: t Kinda Looks Like A Test Seat But Its In The Middle Of The Entrance Of The Ride!!!

That's exactly where the test seat is for Maverick at Cedar Point. And that entrance sign also looks a bit like Maverick's sign (except with the Diamondback logo).

522718479_8105061d5e.jpg

I'v Never Been On Maverick.Sorry